- Forest Dept forms Springshed Management Consortium
- Considering the importance of springs along with their drying out and deterioration in condition, the forest department has formed a springshed management consortium.
- According to the order issued by the PCCF Jai Raj, Uttarakhand is a very important state from the view point of glaciers and rivers but in general there has been a decrease in the availability of water. Considering this, it has become all the more important to ensure scientific conservation of rainwater on a wide scale. Rainwater conservation directly affects springs which are drying out in the state. A report of the NITI Aayog on springs revival released earlier this year mentions that in the past decades there has been a clear decrease of about 60 per cent in the water level of low discharge springs in the Himalayan region. According to this report, in the Almora region alone, 300 springs have dried out in the past 150 years.
- This consortium comprises officials of various departments concerned and representatives of non governmental organisations.
- Bilateral Exercise Between Indian & Republic of Singapore Navies – SIMBEX 18 – MARKS Silver Jubilee this year
- The 25theditorial of SIMBEX, an acronym for “Singapore – India Maritime Bilateral Exercise” is scheduled from 10th to 21st November 2018 off Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- Bilateral cooperation between Singapore and India was first formalized when RSN ships began training with the Indian Navy in 1994.
- Complementing India’s Act-East’ Policy. There have been a number of agreements and high level visits in the recent past between the two countries. Indo – Singapore bilateral relations have been on an upswing in the recent past.
· Mahila-E-Haat online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs launched by WCD
- The main aim is to unique organic products of the women farmers and entrepreneurs from across the country.
- It will serve as an e-platform to bring them together and promote the achievements of women farmers.
- It was launched during the 5th “Women of India National Organic Festival, 2018”.
· Ozone layer recovering at 1 to 3 per cent per decade: United Nations
- The ozone layerthat shields life from cancer-causing solar rays is recovering at a rate of one to three percent per decade, reversing years of dangerous depletion caused by the release of harmful chemicals.
- The Antarctic ozone hole is recovering while continuing to occur every year.
· Saudi bans Israeli Muslims from Hajj pilgrimage
- New Saudi passport rules have barred Israeli Muslims from visiting Mecca for Hajj pilgrimage.
- Since Israel and Saudi don’t have diplomatic ties, Israeli Muslims visited Mecca by going to Jordan where they got temporary Jordanian passports that allowed them to travel to the kingdom.
- Saudi will no longer accept temporary Jordanian passport.
· New York’s Empire State Building lit up for Diwali for 1st time
- New York’s iconic Empire State Buildingwas lit in orange for the first time to celebrate Diwali.
- It was organised by the Federation of Indian Associations in cooperation with the Empire State Realty Trust.
- Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluriand singer Jay Sean flipped the switch to turn on the lights on top of the building.
- 33rd ASEAN summit begins in Singapore
- The 33rd edition of the ASEAN Summit began in Singapore.
- Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong is the Chairman of the Summit, which will continue till 15th November along with other related summits like East Asia Summit (EAS), Regional Comprehensive Economic Summit, (RCEP) and ASEAN plus summits.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to attend the East Asia Summit and Associated meetings of ASEAN on 14th and 15th November in Singapore.
- National Education Day observed on 11 November
- The day is observed on 11th November every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- He was a freedom fighter, scholar and the first Education Minister of independent India, who served from 15 August 1947 until 2 February 1958.
- In a tweet, President Ram Nath Kovind paid tributes to Maulana Azad.
· Odisha Government launched the ‘Bhubaneswar Me Wi-Fi’ project in Bhubaneswar
- The project is implemented by Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited(BSCL), which is a Special Purpose Vehicle incorporated by Odisha Government.
- It will initially have 100 hotspots enabled locations with 275 access points.
- One wi-fi hotspot would be able to handle 150 users at a given point of time.
- With this move, the Capital will stamp its entry as aglobal Smart City with 500 hotspots spanning the entire city.
· Govt enhances financial powers of Armed Forces’ vice-chiefs by 5 times
- The Defence Ministry has enhanced the financial powers of the three vice chiefs of the armed forces by five times, giving a fillip to procurement of arms and ammunition and upgrade of defence preparedness.
- A number of initiatives have been taken by the Defence Ministry in the recent past to simplify and streamline the procedures and decentralise the decision-making through delegation of powers.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes