- Uttarakhand government announces five new eco-tourism circuits
- State forest minister Harak Singh Rawat announced five new eco-tourism circuits, namely Dehradun-Rishikesh, Kotdwar, Ramnagar-Nainital, Yamuna-Tons Valley and Nandhour-Champawat circuits where unique forest rest houses will be offered as stand alone destinations with the surrounding areas which have their niche qualities to tap tourism such as birding, angling, trekking, sightseeing etc.
- Dehradun-Rishikesh circuit has natural places such as Thano, Sanjay Jheel, Ranichauri, Dhanolti and Devalsari and Chaurasikuti(Beetles Ashram).
- Kotdwar circuit has wildlife in Rasiyabad and Chidiyapur, Ladang, historical place Kanvashram, scenic sites Sendikhal, Sneh, renowned temple Tadkeshwar and dense forest area of Kolhuchaur.
- Ramnagar- Nanital circuits comprises Sitabani and Chunakhan as wildlife rich areas, Pawalgarh, Kilbari and Vinayak for birding, Soni for religious Mahadev temple and Kausani for scenic beauty.
- Yamuna-Tons Valley circuit encapsulates Jhajhra and Timal forest area, Asan Bairaj for boating and birding, Chakrata, Kanasar for scenic beauty, Budher, Sandara and Jarmola for their forest guesthouse.
- Nandhour-Champawat circuit will offer Chorgaliya in Nandhour wildlife sanctuary, Boom near Sharda river for angling, Champawat for rich forest areat house being above 100 year old and Kempti fall for famous water fall.
· Basel to become first city to jointly host Badminton and Para Badminton World Championships in 2019
- Baselwill become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships in 2019.
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF)confirmed that the two tournaments: Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships will be held simultaneously for the first time.
- Basel beat off competition from Tokyo to land the 2019 Para-Badminton World Championshipsin a vote which was delayed by the BWF Council to allow further discussions.
- The event will be the last held in the sport before Para-Badminton makes its Paralympic Games debut at Tokyo 2020.
- Exclusive ‘Rural Livelihood’ scheme for Northeast
- The unique scheme under the title “North East Rural Livelihood Project” is being supported by the World Bank and will primarily benefit the tribals and the lower socioeconomic groups, including women, in the North-Eastern Region (NER).
- To begin with, four states, – Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, will be taken up for helping the tribal and even the non-tribal lower groups living in remote areas.
- The project is aimed at assisting over 10,000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and benefit about three lakh poor households.
- TN has highest number of women entrepreneurs: Report
- Tamil Nadu has the highest number of women entrepreneurs in India, followed by Kerala and West Bengal, reveals a new report.
- Nearly 80 per cent of women entrepreneurs in India are self-financing their businesses, with little utilisation of the various government schemes.
- Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Rajasthan, and West Bengal have emerged as top five states offering the maximum number of schemes for women entrepreneurs, it said.
· SBI launches YONO, an Integrated app for Financial Services
- State Bank of India, the country’s largest public sector bank, has launched a unified integrated app called YONO (You Need Only One) that would offer all kinds of financial and lifestyle products.
- YONO will also allow customers to meet their lifestyle needs across 14 categories including booking and renting cabs, entertainment, dining experience, travel and stay, medical needs.
- To provide the customised offers and discounts, SBI has partnered with e-commerce players including Amazon, Uber, Ola, Myntra, Jabong, Shoppers Stop, Cox & Kings, Thomas Cook, Yatra, Airbnb, Swiggy, and Byus.
· Union Government to initiate Safe city plan for women in eight cities
- Union Government will soon initiate a comprehensive‘safe city’ plan for women in eight cities for women in eight metropolitan cities of the country.
- The Safe city plan will serve as robust emergency response system and provides police-verified public transport will come into place.
- The plan will be forwarded by respective State Level Committee headed by Chief Secretary of the state.
· Reserve Bank of India Raises Shareholding Limit of ARCs
- The Reserve bank of India (RBI) allowed Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) to hold more than 26% post-conversion of debt into equity in companies undergoing restructuring.
- In a notification, the central bank notified the extent of shareholding post-conversion will be in accordance with permissible foreign direct investment (FDI) limit for that specific sector.
· HRD ministry launches Digital Signature campaign on Constitution Day
- The Ministry of Human Resources Affairs Development launched a Digital Signaturecampaign on Constitution Day affirming faith in Indian Constitution and to generate awareness on fundamental duties enshrined in the Constitution. Giving the link in a tweet, Mr Javadekar stated that people can join the campaign by filling a form online.
- The 26th November is celebrated as Constitution Day.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes