- Niti Aayog Vc Hails State’s Achievement
- Expressing happiness at the innovative works initiated by the Uttarakhand Government, Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog, Rajiv Kumar has said the achievement of the State was better than national average and other bigger States in many fields.
- He said the per capita income of the State is Rs 146,826 while the national per capita income is Rs 94,130. The human development index is also much above the national average.
- State Government officials said that by the year 2022 all human habitations would be covered under the drinking water schemes. Work on construction of 1091 km long sewer lines is presently in progress in the State and 9,155 villages out of 15,745 are connected with roads.
- The officials claimed that the State has progressed by leaps and bounds in industrial sector and 53,487 medium and small industrial units have been set up till date. The State ranks ninth in ease of doing business and tops the Himalayan States. Uttarakhand has also implemented the single window scheme.
- The State has entered into understanding with skill council in 23 areas. The Vice Chairman was informed that 12,000 youths were given skill training last year.
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaign focusing on diabetes mellitus and is observed on November 14 each year.
- Led by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), each World Diabetes Day focuses on a theme related to diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes is largely preventable and treatable non-communicable disease that is rapidly increasing in numbers worldwide.
- Type 1 Diabetes is not preventable but can be treated with insulin shots.
- This year’s theme is ‘Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future’.
· United Nations hosts first talks on use of killer robots in Geneva
- United Nationsis set to open its first official talks on the use of autonomous weapons, including killer robots, at the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) for 5 days, in Geneva.
- The meeting is chaired by Indian ambassador on disarmament, Amandeep Gill.
- The discussion will also include civil society and technology companies.
- It will be partly focused on understanding the types of weapons in the pipeline.
- Northeast to get India’s first ever ‘Air Dispensary’
- Northeast is all set to get India’s first-ever “Air Dispensary” based in a helicopter and the Union Ministry of Development of Northeast (DONER) has already contributed Rs. 25 crore as part of the initial funding for this initiative.
- As per the envisaged plan, Dr Jitendra Singh said, to begin with, helicopter will be based at two locations, namely Imphal in Manipur and Meghalaya in Shillong.
- Both of these cities have premier postgraduate medical institutes from where specialist doctors, along with the necessary equipment and paramedical staff, would be able to move into the helicopter and hold a dispensary/OPD in different locations across the eight States of North Eastern Region.
· Dantewada hosts India 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit
- To inspire, nurture and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in tribal youth, the NITI Aayog in partnership with the US government organized India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit at Dantewada.
- The summit is inaugurated by MoS Science and Technology YS Chowdhary held at Dantewada in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
- This event is an 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit, being held in India which ensures yet another step towards tribal-centric sustainable and inclusive development.
· Rajyavardhan Rathore releases the India Youth Development Index and Report 2017
- Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent Charge), Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore released the ‘India Youth Development Index and Report 2017’in New Delhi.
- In India Youth Development Index 2017, the five dimensions of Global Youth Development Index (Global YDI) have been retained.
- These five dimensions are education, health and well-being, employment and opportunity, political participation and civic participation for young people.
- Rice Field laboratory in Manila named after PM Modi
- While on his visit to Philippines, PM Narendra Modi visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Los Banos, Philippines and inaugurated ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’.
- He also presented two Indian rice seed varieties to the IRRI gene bank.
- IRRI is a premier research organisation dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes