- Central insurance for 20 lakh families of Uttarakhand, announces CM Rawat in Shimla
- A central scheme, which was aimed at providing health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh to 5.4 lakh identified economically weak families of Uttarakhand, will now include over 20 lakh families in Uttarakhand. A memorandum of understanding in this regard has been signed between Uttarakhand state government and national health agency (NHA) to provide this health insurance cover under Ayushman Bharat scheme in Shimla on Monday. The MoU was signed by Nitesh Jha, Uttarakhand secretary health department, and CEO of Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission, Indu Bhushan, in the presence of union health minister, JP Nadda and CM Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- The National Health Protection Mission was announced by the Centre government in its budget session this year under which all BPLs (as per census 2011) would be given medical insurance free of cost.
- Uttarakhand will be India’s first state to have decided to extend this service nationally for all its residents. Not just the 5.4 lakh identified BPL families but we have decided to extend the scheme to 20 lakh families of Uttarakhand and thus become the first state of India to give such massive insurance in the state.”
- In Uttarakhand, Mukhya Mantri Swasthya Beema Yojna is already ongoing under which around 12 lakh families are benefited with a health cover upto Rs 1.7 lakh. Now those families will get a hiked cover of Rs five lakh. The committee formed by state government to track the cases of MSBY is entitled to track the Ayushman Bharat scheme as well.
- The facility of providing free treatment upto Rs 5 lakh per family can be used by anyone in any part of the country in the enrolled hospitals and the scheme will not be restricted to a limited number members in a family.
- India largest remittance-receiving country in the world
- India was the largest remittance- receiving country in the world, with migrant workers from the country sending home USD 69 billion in 2017.
- According to the report, remittances to the Asia-Pacific region amounted to USD 256 billion last year.
- The report ‘Remit SCOPE – Remittance markets and opportunities – Asia and the Pacific’ said India (USD 69 billion), China (USD 64 billion) and the Philippines (USD 33 billion) are the three largest remittance- receiving countries in the world in 2017.
· India and Nepal Agree To Expand Their Partnership For Socio-Economic Development
- India and Nepal have agreed to expand their partnership for socio-economic development on the basis of principles of equality, trust, respect and mutual benefit.
- In a joint statement issued after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two-day visit to Nepal. Mr. Modi and his Nepalese counterpart KP Sharma Oli emphasized the need for the regular convening of bilateral mechanisms to review the overall state of bilateral relations and for expeditious implementation of the economic and development co-operation projects.
· UNDP to Set Up Skill Development Centre In Hyderabad
- Aimed at empowering vulnerable and marginalized women by imparting skills training, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)announced to set up a skill development center at ‘Bharosa,’ an integrated support center for distressed women and children in Hyderabad.
- ‘Bharosa,’ an initiative of Hyderabad City Police, is a state-of-the-art center to support women and children who are victims of violence.
- Customs and Postal Department hold First ever Joint Conference
- Indian Customs and Department of India Posts held a First ever Joint Conference at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi to deliberate on streamlining of imports and exports by post.
- Commissioners of Customs from all the States having Foreign Post Offices (FPOs) were present along with their counterpart Post Master Generals.
- Imports and exports by post are the 6thhighest cited citizen grievances under CPGRAMs.
- Customs and Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) have worked together since a year to liberalise, reform and align laws relating to imports by Post.
- Lata Mangeshkar conferred ‘Swara Mauli’ award
- Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar was honoured with “Swara Mauli” title by spiritual guru Vidya Narsimha Bharati Swami.
- Her sister singer Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar and brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar were present at the occasion.
- Under-16 Indian football team wins title in Serbia
- Indian colts pumped in as many as three goals in the first 10 minutes of the match to outplay Tajikistan 4-2 and emerge champions in the four-nation Under-16 Tournament held in Serbia.
- Putting up an impressive show, the Indian drew 0-0 with the hosts, defeated Jordan 2-1 before beating Tajikistan in the final.
· Indian Army Finalises Rs 15,000 Crore Ammunition Production Project
- Indian Army finalized a mega 15,000 crore rupees project under which a range of ammunition for its critical weapons and tanks will be produced indigenously.
- Around 11 private firms would be involved in the ambitious project.
- The immediate aim of the project is to create an inventory of all major weapons to enable the forces to fight a 30-day war while the long-term objective is to cut dependence on imports.
- The army has set a specific target for the next 10 years in terms of the volume of ammunition to be produced.
· Jammu and Kashmir Government abolishes stamp duty on sale of properties in women’s name
- CM Mehbooba Mufti-led Jammu and Kashmir governmentwaived off stamp duty on the sale of properties registered in the name of women.
- Notably, the decision is seen as a step to empower women in the state which may help them to own more immovable assets.
- The state cabinet of Jammu and Kashmir sanctioned reduction of stamp duty by 5 percent in the rural areas if a property is registered in the name of a male member of the family.
- However, the state cabinet has also abolished stamp duty in case the property is registered in the name of a female member of the family in both urban and rural areas.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes