- Polythene ban to be enforced strictly from july 31 onward: CM
- The ban on polythene in the State will be enforced strictly from July 31 onward. A State level task force will also be formed to direct work on various aspects related to this issue
- Expressing his views on the occasion the UEPPCB member secretary SP Subudhi said that since its invention in 1907, plastic had become a problem within 111 years due to the uncontrolled manner in which it is used by the people. He stressed that plastic and polythene were also useful in many aspects of life but it was their indiscriminate use which was causing the problem. Regarding plastic waste, he cited a study conducted by the UEPPCB in 2017 which had established that about 500 tonnes of plastic waste is generated per day in the State. Further, there are 36 plastic manufacturing units and 22 recycling units in the State.
- However, the recycling units need to source plastic waste from outside the State at times due to the lack of waste segregation in Uttarakhand. The board is communicating with prominent manufacturers of food items packaged in plastic in order to get the companies to do their bit in ensuring the desired disposal of such waste.
- India Signs Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore
- India has signed the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore. This is the first MRA being signed by India with any of our FTA partners.
- In a major gain for India, Singapore agreed to expand coverage of Indian nursing institutions by recognising seven nursing institutions in the MRA.
- This has paved way for our healthcare service providers to institutionally access markets abroad.
- It will further open up doors for India to enter into similar mutual recognition arrangements with other countries.
- India and Singapore concluded the 2ndReview of India Singapore CECA which was officially announced by both sides today during Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s State visit to Singapore.
- Committee constituted under to celebrate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- The Government of India has decided to commemorate 150thBirth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- A National Committee (NC) under the Chairmanship of the President of India has been constituted for this purpose and the first meeting of the National Committee was held on 2ndMay 2018 in New Delhi.
- As decided in the meeting, an Executive Committee (EC) under the Chairpersonship of Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has been constituted comprising of Senior Ministers in the Cabinet, Leader of opposition (Rajya Sabha), Renowned Gandhians, Social Activists and noted public figures.
· Ganga Survey By Geographic information system (GIS)
ð In 15 months time, Survey of India, the country’s principal mapping agency, will map the entire stretch of the Ganga using geographic information system (GIS) technology and provide high-resolution maps to the government.
ð It will help river cleaning authorities in getting minute details of sewage and effluent discharge outlets and identify pollution hot-spots up to 10 km on both sides of the river.
ð Since the project will map sewage outlets and other discharges from all units (industrial, commercial and others) from the source to the public drainage network, it will help in monitoring of polluting sources and quicken the process of taking appropriate action.
· HRD Ministry notifies 75 National Resource Centres
ð The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the MOOCs (Massive online open course) platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres have been identified which are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
ð Under this initiative, all in-service teachers, irrespective of their subject and seniority will have an enabling opportunity to keep abreast of the latest developments in their disciplines through the technology based online refresher course.
ð HRD Ministry Launches Initiatives for Online Professional Development Using SWAYAM
ð Human Resource Development Ministry launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the Massive Open Online Courses platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres (NRCs) have been identified.
ð National Resource Centres are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on new and emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes