- Airport Authority of India and Uttarakhand Government signs agreement on aviation development
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Government of Uttarakhand Civil Aviation Development Authority (UCADA).
- The scope of the MoU is to identify relevant factors influencing the development of Civil Aviation infrastructure in Uttarakhand.
- It will assess the commercial potential of various airports of the State, identifying technical considerations for airport operations in the State, evaluating site related technical and engineering parameters for development of projects.
- World’s first floating wind farm starts in Scotland
- ð The world’s first full-scale floating wind farm started to take shape off the north-east coast of Scotland.The Peter head wind farm is known asHywind, is a trial.
- ð It is a tech development project to ensure it’s working in open sea conditions.
- ð The Hywind project is being run in collaboration with the Abu Dhabi firm Masdar.
- India celebrates Kargil Vijay Diwas day is observed on July 26
ð The Indian nation celebratesKargil Vijay Diwas Day is observed on July 26.
ð On the occasion, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley and three Chiefs of Services will lay a floral tribute at Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate.
ð Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on July 26 every year to commemorate India’s victory in the 1999 Kargil War against Pakistan as it was on this day that the Indian Army had taken control of posts across the Himalayas in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, after fighting for 60 days.
- Maharashtra, Rajasthan record highest cases of child marriage.
ð Maharashtra tops the list in child marriage, followed by Rajasthan. 17 districts of Maharashtra, including Latur, Mumbai and Pune have reported high instances of child marriage.
ð In Rajasthan, 13 districts, including Jaipur, Ajmer and Bhilwara, have reported increasing incidents of child marriage.
ð The figures, highlighting the prevalence of child marriage.
- Sachin Siwach wins gold at Commonwealth Youth Games
ð World Youth Champion Sachin Siwach clinched a gold medal at the Commonwealth Youth Games after defeating Welsh boxer James Nathan Prober 4-1 in the final.
ð Siwach, who won gold last year, was the only one of the 103 boxers to have clinched a gold so far in the tournament, taking place in Bahamas.
- FSSAI bans Stapler Pins in tea bags from January 2018.
ð The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) banned the use of stapler pins in tea bags from January 2018.
ð The FSSAI order directs the concerned food business operators to discontinue the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of stapled tea bags by 1 January 2018.
ð Currently, tea bags are either stapled or knotted. According to industry estimates, the tea bag segment contributes 3-4% by value of total tea sales but it is one of the fastest growing segments at 50-60% year-on-year.
ð FSSAI is a nodal statutory agency responsible for protecting and promoting public health in India through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
- Union Government launched Mobile App ‘Aarambh’ for Road Maintenance
ð It aims at the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) based mapping for making road inventories, condition surveys, and producing cost estimates and other relevant data for preparation and monitoring of annual road maintenance plans.
ð They also launched a Concept Note and Guidance Note for Mobilising Funds for Maintenance of Rural Road. The Concept Note outlines innovative ways, which can be adopted by the State Governments for mobilising additional funds for road maintenance.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes