Famous Fairs and Festivals
FAIRS OF UTTARAKHAND
Many fairs are held every year in Uttarakhand. The description of some :-
Fairs held for Tourists entertainment
- Shree Govardhan pooja : most part of uttarakhand pooja organized for Lord Krishna .
- Grismotsava (Almora) : Held in summer .
- Sharadaotsava : its organized in Almora, Mussourie ,Ranikhet, Pithoragarh,Chamoli etc
- Surkhanda Utsav ( Tehri – Garhwal): This fairs organized at the time of Surkhanda Devi worship in Tehri- Garhwal.
Other Famous Fairs
- Bala sundari Fair ( Kashipur) : fair held at Kashipur for 10 days. Started from Chaitra ashtami of Shuklapaksh.in this pooja worship of Goddess Parvati and newly wedded couples come here to worship the goddess for happy married life .
- Nanda Devi (Nainital): Fairs held at winter solstice and summer solstice in Almora,rare tableaus of folk culture are presented for three days.
- Peeraan Kaliyar(Roorkee) : held at the time of urs of Hazrat Sahib in which Hindu and Muslim both take part and worship.
- Devi Dhura Fair ( Pithoragarh) : Wonderful fair is held at every purnamasi .people throw stones at one another .after that the priest makes compromise among them.
- Jaljeeva Fair ( Pithoragarh) : it’s a professional fair organized in pithoragarh at Jaljeeva.
- Maneshwar fair (Pithoragarh) : on the occasion of this fair , a wonderful stone namely Maneshwar is worshipped.
- Fair of Tapeshwar siddh (dehradun) : fair organized of shivaratri in Tapeshwar siddh Temple.
- Jhanda Fair ( dehradun) : fair of sikh and followers of other religions yearly organized.in which a flag made of special kind of bamboos is worshipped.
- Kumbha and Half Kumbha : in India there are four religious cities – Haridwar , Prayag , Ujjain and Nasik where Kumbha ,half kumbha and Sinhastha kumbha are held. These kumbha fair attract the faithful Indians.traditional fairs of kumbhaof India in which one place of kumbha held in uttarakhand and half kumbha also.After third year of Haridwar kumbha , the kumbha of prayag comes and after three years,the half kumbha of Haridwar comes.the kumbha has scientific , social and religious importance. Haridwar is also one of the four venues for the kumbha mela held in its magnitude every twelve years.
- Punyagiri Mela ( Janakpur) : fair held at 24 km away from janakpur. It is in Pithoragarhdistrict and largest fair of kumaon region held in month of march and October.Punyagiri Shaktipeeth situated on the top of a mountain on the right bank of the river Kali is the site for many fairs.fair held in the hindu months of Ashwin and Chaitra ( March – April and September- October).punyagiri fair starting from Vishuwat-Sankranti is the largest fair of Kumaon continue for 40 days.
FESTIVALS OF UTTARAKHAND
In Uttarakhand different communities are celebrated different festivals. The festivals which are celebrated by the Hindu community :-
Samvatsarambha Chitra shukla pratipada
Ram Navami Chitra shukla pratipada
Hanuman Jayanti Chitra shukla pratipada
Sheetala Ashtami Vaishakha Krishna Ashtami
Vat Savitri vrata Jyeshta Krishna Trayodashi
Ganga Dussehra Jyeshta Shukla Dashami
Nirjala Ekadashi Jyeshta Shukla Ekadashi
Kabir jayanti Jyeshta Shukla Purnima
Hariyali Teej Shravan shukla Tritiya
Nagpanchami Shravan shukla panchami
Tulsi Jayanti Shravan shukla Saptamis
Raksha Bandhan Shravan shukla Purnima
Hal Shashti Bhadrapad Krishna Shashti
Janmashtami Bhadrapad Krishna Shashti
Navratra Ashwin Shukla Pratipada
Sharda Purnima Ashwin Shukla Purnima
Dewali Kartik Krishna Amawasaya
Makar Sankranti Magh Krishna Pratipada
Vasant Panchami Magh Shukla Panchami
Mahashivaratri Phalgun Krishna Chaturthi
Holi Phalgun Shukla Purnima
- New year
- Good Friday
- Guru Nanak Day
- Mahavir Jayanti
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2024- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes