· In a 1st, government OKs cannabis research in UP & Uttarakhand
ð The narcotics department within the revenue wing of the Union finance ministry has sanctioned a research and development (R&D) project on cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – two unique natural compounds found in cannabis. Now, cannabis, commonly known as ganja, will be grown at Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) in Lucknow (UP) and Pantnagar (Uttarakhand).
ð India’s NDPS policy emphasised development of drug varieties with low THC content, which could be exploited for industrial and horticulture purposes. “That is source of biomass and fibre, and for production of cannabis seed oil.
ð WHO has taken cognisance of medicinal use of low THC cannabis and has proposed change in scope of control of cannabis-related substances in the international conventions.
ð CBD is extracted from cannabis hemp and it’s used in gels, oils and food supplements. It also has medicinal use. THC, on the other hand, is a psychoactive compound present in cannabis, responsible for giving the high sensation.
- US Open Final: Bianca defeats Serena
- Canadian teenager Bianca Andreescu stuns Serena Williams in a gripping US Open Women’s final to claim her first Grand Slam title.
- Bianca Andreescu defeated Serena Williams in straight sets, 6-4, 7-5, to win her first Grand Slam title in US Open women’s final.
- Rafael Nadal beats Daniil Medvedev in US Open final
- Rafael Nadal has won US Open Men’s singles beating Daniil Medvedev in a five-set epic with a thrilling 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4.
- This is his fourth US Open title and 19th Grand Slam trophy.
- The 33-year-old Spanish left-hander chased his 19th career Grand Slam singles title, one shy of Roger Federer’s all-time men’s record, in his 27th Slam final.
- President inaugurated the World first Youth Conference
- The President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the World first Youth Summit in New Delhi on 7 September 2019. It was organized by the Youth Awakening Mission, a youth wing of Paavan Chintan Dhara Charitable Trust, Ghaziabad. The summit aimed to work for the betterment and welfare of ourselves, society and country.
- UPI transactions top 900 million in August
- Transactions made through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for the first time have crossed the 900 million mark in August.
- It has crossed the mark due to an increase in merchant adoption of the payment channel and improved smartphone penetration in certain states.
- Newly released data from National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) show that in August, a total of 918 million transactions worth Rs 1.54 lakh crore were processed on the interoperable digital payments channel.
- Government to spend 3.5 lakh crore rupees in the next five years on Jal Jeevan Mission
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that the central government will spend 3.5 lakh crore rupees in the next five years on ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’.
- The aim of the mission is to deliver potable water at every household across the country.
- Jal Jeevan Mission has been launched in order to free women from the trouble of having to toil hard to fetch water.
- Jal Jeevan Mission involves saving water and delivering water at one’s doorstep.
- Multilingual Mobile App ‘CHC Farm Machinery’ launched for farmers
- Minister of State for Agriculture Parshottam Rupala launched a multilingual Mobile App “CHC Farm Machinery” during a conference on Crop Residue Management in New Delhi.
- Farmers can now get affordable access to cutting-edge technology at their doorsteps.
- It will allow farmers to avail custom hiring services of CHCs located in a radius of 50 km.
- The App connects the farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centers in their area.
- The Minster sought ideas from farmers to ensure zero burning in all villages.
- International conference ‘ANGAN’ being organized in New Delhi
- A three-day-long International conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) for Energy Efficiency in the Building Sector is being organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency in New Delhi.
- Indo-German Technical Cooperation is also partnering in the event.
- Experts and policymakers from sixteen countries are participating in this event to discuss various alternative options and technologies in the field of design and construction of energy-efficient commercial as well as residential buildings.
- The three-day-long event will provide a platform to deliberate on the interdependence between organizations, systems sustainability and feedback loops for better resource efficiency.
- First Helicopter summit held in Dehradun
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation organised India’s first-ever helicopter summit in Dehradun.
- The Indian Air Force was invited to the summit to talk on the “role of IAF helicopters in MEDEVAC (Medical evacuation) at the national level”.
- The conclave was attended by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, the Aviation Secretary, and the Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand, amongst others.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes