- Higher edu dept prepares for NAAC
- Alarmed over the Rashtriya Uchhatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) directive to stop funding for the colleges sans National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) certification, the state higher education department has decided to initiate process of NAAC certification for 75 colleges located across the state.
- RUSA is the Union government’s flagship programme for development of infrastructure in the colleges and the universities spread across the country.
- In the absence of NAAC certification, the colleges based in the state are facing a grim situation where vital funding from the Union government and University Grants Commission (UGC) for most of the degree and Post Graduate (PG) colleges of the state might be stalled.
- The data provided by the state higher education department reveals that there are only 30 colleges in the state which have NAAC certification. Out of these colleges, five are in ‘C’ category which renders them not eligible for the central funds.
- At present, RUSA is financing projects worth Rs 140 crore in different colleges and universities of the state.
- The NAAC is an autonomous body set up by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to assess and accredit institutions of higher education in the country. The NAAC headquartered in Bangalore is mandated for periodic assessment of the institutes of higher education so that an environment for teaching and research is created.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes