- Cabinet decisions, a festive gift to employees from Uttarakhand government
- In the festive season, Uttarakhand cabinet approved a number of measures for the state government employees, including approval of benefits under seventh pay commission to some corporations, 180 day maternity leave for women adopting child, payment of 50 per cent of the arrears from January 1 to December 31, 2016 to the employees and a one per cent increase in the dearness allowances from July 1, 2017.
- Besides, the Cabinet has given nod for a district level development authority at Nanital, Haridwar, Dehradun and Udham Singh Nagar, to coordinate with various authorities already existing in these districts. To look into the commercial activities in remaining nine hill district a committee has been constituted.
- The cabinet has reversed the decision of Harish Rawat government under which an agreement for the sale of land (before the registry) could be done on an Rs 1,000 stamp paper. Now the agreement would be done on a stamp paper worth 2 per cent of the total amount.
- World Tourism Day: 27 September
- Since 1980, the United Nations World Tourism Organization has celebrated World Tourism Day on September 27.
- This date was chosen as on that day in 1970, the Statutes of the UNWTO were adopted. The adoption of these Statutes is considered a milestone in global tourism.
- World Tourism Day 2017 is celebrated on the theme ‘Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development’.
- 72nd session of United Nations General Assembly
- 72nd Regular Session of UN (United Nations) General Assembly (UNGA 72) was held at UN Headquarters, in New York.
- Miroslav Lajcak presided over the 72nd session of the UNGA.
- External Affairs Minister of India Ms.Sushma Swaraj addressed the 72nd session of United Nations General Assembly.
- During this session, 50 countries signed a treaty to ban nuclear weapons, which was first signed by Brazil.
- The countries that have signed the treaty would not develop, test, produce, manufacture, acquire, possess or stock nuclear weapons under any circumstances.
· Kandla Port renamed as Deendayal Port
- TheKandla Portone of the top 12 major ports in the country renamed as Deendayal Port from Monday in the name of Hindutva icon Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, earlier this year while laying the foundation stone for Rs933 crore projects at Kandla Port.
- The port’s journey began in 1931 with the construction of a jetty by Maharao Khengarji.
- It became the number one port in India and created history by handling 100 million tonnes cargo in a year.
· Patanjali’s Acharya Balkrishna among Top 10 Richest Indians
ð Acharya Balkrishna, the associate of Baba Ramdev-run FMCG company Patanjaliand Radhakishan Damani of D-Mart are among the top 10 rich people in the country.
ð He ranked eighth in the Hurun India rich list 2017. His position rose to 8th position from 25th last year after seeing his wealth grow by 173%
ð Patanjali, with a turnover of INR 10,561 crore in 2016-2017 has been a close competition to major international brands.
ð Business Tycoon, Mukesh Ambani, with a net worth of INR 257,900 crore is ranked first in the list for the sixth consecutive year.
- India ranks 40th in Global Competitiveness Index
- India ranks 40th among 137 countries in World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index (GCI) 2017-18 although it is one position lower than last year.
- Switzerland continues to be the world’s top competitive economy, while China (27th) and Russia (38th) outshine India among the BRICS group.
- Israel to boost ‘White Revolution’ in Haryana
- The ‘White Revolution’ in Haryana is set to get an Israeli boost.
- A leading state in milk production, Haryana would now benefit from the techniques and experience of Israel, leader in milk production in the world, for increasing the average milk production.
- The average milk production of milch animals in Israel is 32 kg per day and it leads the world in milk production.
- Paswan launches “Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System”
- Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) & “Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System” in New Delhi.
- Shri Paswan informed that the e-NWRs would have no chances of any tempering, mutilation, fudging, loss or damage and with no possibility of any multiple financing.
- Hence, these NWRs will not only facilitate an easy pledge financing by banks and other financial institutions but also smooth trading on various trading centres like commodity exchanges, electronic National Agriculture Markets (e-NAM) and other electronic platforms.
- Thaawarchand Gehlot launches ‘Divyang Sarathi’
- Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment launched the Beta version of ‘Divyang Sarathi’
- The accessible and comprehensive mobile application for easy dissemination of information to ‘Divyangjans.
- This mobile application aims at providing all relevant information pertaining to the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, including its various acts, rules, regulations and guidelines, schemes, information about the various outreach institutions, employment opportunities, and the disability market in an accessible format.
- This application has been developed by the two Assistant Secretaries (Shri Anunaya Jha and Smt. B. Susheela) in the DEPwD.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes