- Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana
- The Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr. Harshvardhan launched “Pt Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana” which will experiment and endeavour to formulate and implement appropriate S&T Interventions for Sustainable development through cluster approach in Uttarakhand.
- Addressing the press, the Minister said that this project has been inspired by teachings and ideals of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhayay whose birth centenary is being celebrated this year.
- Saudi Arabia allows women into stadium for first time
- Saudi Arabia has invited women to a sports stadium for the first time to attend the kingdom’s 87th National Day celebrations with their families.
- This marks a shift from previous celebrations in the kingdom where women are effectively barred from sports arenas.
- Saudi Arabia has strict restrictions for women, including barring them from driving.
· Angela Merkel Wins 4th Term as Chancellor of Germany
- Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in Germany elections that lifted the far-right party Alternative for Germany into parliament for the first time since the immediate aftermath World War II.
- Her nearest rivals, the Social Democrats, and their candidate Martin Schulz came in the second position with a post-war record low 20.8 percent.
· Australia announces new space agency to develop domestic space industry
- Australia will establish a national space agency as part of long-term plan to develop the country’s domestic space industry.
- Minister for Education and Training Simon Birmingham made the announcement at the International Astronautical Congress.
- The global space industry sector has been growing at a compound annual growth rate of52 percentfrom 1998 to 2015.
- Govt plans ‘lab on boat’ for analysing Brahmaputra river
- A new project of the Department of Biotechnology aims at starting a lab on boat on Bramhaputra river for biological analysis of the river system.
- The ambitious project also proposes to have multiple mobile laboratories on the river and its tributaries along with providing access to local research institutions.
- The first laboratory under the Bramhaputra Biodiversity Biology Boat (B4) initiative will cover Pasighat, Dibrugarh, Neemati, Tejpur and Guwahati in Assam.
Gk bit– Brahmaputra River
- The nearly 3,800 kms long river, one of the longest in the world, traverses three countries China, India and Bangladesh to empty itself in the Bay of Bengal.
- Its origin is in the Angsi glacier.
- It flows southwest through the Assam Valley as Brahmaputra and south through Bangladesh as the Jamuna (not to be mistaken with Yamuna of India). In the vast Ganges Delta, it merges with the Padma, the popular name of the river Ganges in Bangladesh, and finally the Meghna and from here it is known as Meghna before emptying into the Bay of Bengal.
- Neighbourhood Action Plan in cities for better Solid Waste Management
- As people have a better connect with immediate neighborhood, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri unveiled ‘My Home-My Neighborhood’ (Ghar Bi Saaf-Pados Bhi Saaf) campaign with the following six components:
- Segregation of waste at source
- Compost making from wet waste within the premises/neighbourhood/area.
- Recycling of dry waste.
- Freeing the neighborhood from open defecation and open urination.
- Motivating the residents of neighborhood against throwing garbage in open spaces.
- Adopting a nearby park or open place for collection and waste segregation.
- SBI to teach bankers from South East Asian countries
- State Bank of India is planning to throw open its new banking personnel training institute for employees of other banks in India and other South East Asian countries.
- The institute will impart leadership training to people in the mid-management level and above with thrust on risk mitigation, banking regulation and technology.
- The focus will be on action-based and result-oriented research and capacity building, Chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya said.
- Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurates “Hunar Haat” in Puducherry
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqviis working to establish “Hunar Hub”across the country to provide a platform to master artisans and craftsmen to display as well sell their products.
- The ‘Hunar Haat’ is being organised at Craft Bazaar, Gandhi Thidal Beach, Goubert Avenue and will continue till September 30 in which master artisans from 16 states including Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, New Delhi, Kerala, Karnataka, Puducherry, Assam, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland and Andhra Pradesh will be showcasing their traditional talent.
- They prepared an E-Portal to provide national as well as international markers to artisans and craftsmen from across the country.
- A data bank of artisans and craftsmen will be prepared by this year-end, thousands of artisans from various parts of the country have already been registered.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes