- Post GST, sales fall at Uttarakhand Khadi ashrams.
- The implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) on July 1 has affected sales at the central government-run Khadi Gramudyog outlets in Uttarakhand’s Kumaon region. Earlier, items sold at Khadi outlets across the country were exempted from taxes. Post GST, 28 Gandhi Ashrams across Nainital and Udham Singh Nagar districts have seen a total fall of over 30% in sales. The production of Khadi products has also been reduced by more than 80%, leaving around three thousand employees in the lurch.
- Khadi Gramudyog stores sell a variety of products from herbals soaps and face packs to incense sticks, sarees and even the national flag. GST has been imposed on all commodities except the Tricolour and the Gandhi topi and the outlets have witnessed a significant dip in sales.
- India and Sri Lanka Begin Joint Naval Exercise SLINEX 2017
- Indian Navy and Sri Lankan Navy begin the 2017 Sri Lanka-India Exercise (SLINEX) at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The biennial Joint Indo-Lanka Maritime Fleet Exercisewill conclude on 14th September.
- It paves the way for operational effectiveness through a common understanding of neighboring Navies.
- It mainly emphasis on maintaining effective maritime security in the region by integrating forces through cooperation, coordination, and collaboration leading to a mutual understanding of limitations and capabilities, to enhance service interoperability and system compatibility in countering challenges.
- Nestle Sets up First Food Safety Institute in India.
- The newFood Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) CEO Pawan Kumar Agarwal inaugurated the Nestle Food Safety Institute in Manesar, Gurugram.
The partnerships with private parties on food safety and standards are an imperative for FSSAI.
It is an effort to implement a first world regulatory ecosystem in India.
The company is working with Nestle India for setting up the institute at Manesar.
- International Literacy Day is observed on September 8th
- The International Literacy Day (ILD) is being observed every year on 8 September to emphasize the importance of literacy to individuals, society.
- The theme of UNESCO for the year 2017 is `Literacy in a digital world’.
- This year it is 51st International Literacy Day.
- The main aim is to mobilize public opinion in favour of struggle against illiteracy.
- The day was established in 1966 by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- India’s first Hyperloop to come up in Andhra Pradesh.
- India’s first Hyperloop project will come up in Andhra Pradesh connecting its city centres, Vijayawada and Amaravati.
- Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) for developing the project.
- Hyperloop Technology is brainchild idea of technology entrepreneur Elon Musk who dubs it as the fifth mode of transportation.
- It is a system of magnetically levitating capsules (pods) that are sent at high speeds through low-pressure tubes.
- India’s Sonam wins Gold in Cadet World Wrestling Championship
- India’s Sonam 43 kilogram weight categorywins Gold in Cadet World Wrestling Championship.
- Wrestler Neelam also bagged Bronze Medal in the 43-kilogram weight category.
- Meanwhile, Four other wrestlers Simran, Manisha, Minakshi, Karuna will also fight for Bronze Medal in different weight categories.
- Nagaland to implement DBT under MGNREGA.
- Nagaland starts implementing Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) beginning from the current financial year.
- Presently, 46,894 active MGNREGA workers have opened their bank accounts linked with Aadhar and are ready for DBT.
- A total of 1.79 lakh MGNREGA workers have been verified with Aadhar and being processed for an opening bank account.
- Currently, there is 4.25 lakh active job cards with 5.82 lakh active MGNREGA workers in the state.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes