- U’khand, Haryana to sign MoU soon on Kisau, Renuka projects
- A memorandum of understanding between Uttarakhand and Haryana will be signed soon regarding the Kisau and Renuka multi-purpose projects.
- The project will supply electricity to Uttarakhand and 47 per cent water supply to Haryana. Uttarakhand and Haryana will jointly request the Central Government to give permission for tender for Kisau project.
- The emphasis is on the joint efforts of the States to complete the multi-purpose projects of Kisau, Lakhwar and Renuka projects. Target to complete Lakhwar multi-purpose project in the next four years has been fixed. The Lakhwar project will supply 160 cusec water annually to Haryana.
- World Students’ Day: 15 October
- World Students’ Day is observed to mark the birthday of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. It is observed on Kalam’s birthday, 15 October.
- In 2015 the United Nations declared 15 October “World Students’ Day”.
- Kalam was the 11th president of India.
· Air Quality Early Warning System for Delhi launched
- Air Quality Early Warning System for Delhi was launched in Delhi by the Union Minister for Earth Sciences and Environment, Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- The System is designed to predict extreme air pollution events and give alerts to take necessary steps as per Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) of the Government of India.
- The air pollution system has been developed jointly by the scientists at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, India Meteorological Department and National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF).
· Government launches award scheme under ‘Saubhagya’
- Awards would be provided for achieving 100 per cent household electrification at DISCOM/Power Department level of the States.
- Eight States which have already achieved more than 99 per cent household electrification prior to launch of Saubhagya (Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Goa, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu), are ineligible for participation under the award scheme. All the remaining States and their Discoms are eligible for the award.
· Drought conditions in 1/3rd of districts
- The June-september monsoon, which was 9% below normal, has caused drought-like conditions in almost a third of the districts in India, putting farmers in these high-deficiency areas under stress, data from the India Meteorological Department and reports from states showed. Over 200 districts received below-average rainfall this year.
- Ahead of a general election next year, rural distress will likely keep the Modi government under pressure from farmers already battling higher cultivation costs, pricier diesel needed to run farm equipment and poor returns due to a slump in commodity prices.
· Centre is to set up a committee to deal issues raised by Metoo India movement
- Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhiannounced that the Centre is to set up a committee of judges and lawyers to examine the existing legal and institutional framework. The committee is to deal with complaints of sexual harassment at the workplace that are emanating from the#MeTooIndia movement.
- The move comes even as the government is yet to make a statement on allegations by several women journalists against Minister of State for External Affairs J. Akbar.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes