- Uttarakhand amends land management Act
- The Uttarakhand government has amended the Uttar Pradesh Zamindari Abolition and Land Management Act, 1950.
- “Earlier, land below 3.125 acres was not allowed to be fragmented and sold. After the amendment, such sale or purchase done within a period of one year from the date of gazette notification of the amended Act will be valid.
- India and Japan signs a Loan Agreement worth Rs. 1817 crore
- A Loan Agreement worth of Rs. 1817 crore approximately was signed between India and Japan for the construction of Turga Pumped Storage (I).
- The objective of the Project is to strengthen the capability to respond to fluctuation in supply and demand of power and to improve stability of the power supply.
- India and Japan have had a long and fruitful history of bilateral development cooperation since 1958.In the last few years, the economic cooperation between India and Japan has steadily progressed.
- This further consolidates and strengthens the Strategic and Global Partnership between India and Japan.
· India-Japan first joint military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2018’ began in Mizoram
- The first of its kind, the 14 days long joint exercise is being conducted from 01 Nov 2018 to 14 Nov 2018.
- The Japanese contingent is being represented by 32nd Infantry Battalion while the Indian side is being represented by Gorkha Rifles.
- Doha to host World Corporate Games
- Qatar will host the 23rd edition of the World Corporate Games next year, which will provide an opportunity for corporations around the world to showcase their competitive prowess through sports.
- This is the first time the World Corporate Games will be held in the Middle East.
- The sporting event takes place every one to two years.
- The World Corportate Games, established nearly 30 years ago, aims to bring together, the local, regional and international business sporting community.
· Little India Gate inaugurated in Indonesia’s Medan city
- Little India Gate’, the first-of-its-kind structure in Indonesia recognises the contribution of Indian community in the development of Medan city.
- Kampung Madras area is one of the city’s significant ethnic enclaves comprising a large population of people of Indian descent whose ancestors had settled down in Medan in mid-nineteenth century.
· PM Modi launched portal for granting loans of up to Rs 1 crore in 59 minutes
- GST-registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) can now avail of loan of up to Rs 1 crorein just 59 minutes.
- Over 72,000MSMEs have been sanctioned loans worth over ₹23,500 crore through the portal till date.
- Further, the mandatory sourcing limitby state-run companies from MSMEs has been increased to 25%from the previous 20%.
- Modi added that companies above a Rs 500 crore will now have to compulsorily be a part of TReDs (Trade Receivables Discounting System), which will also include PSUs.
· INS Viraat to be converted into a floating maritime museum soon
- INS Viraat will be India’sfirst decommissionedaircraft carrier that will be turned into an adventure and maritime tourism.
- It will host activities like scuba diving, luxury hotel, cafeteria and other adventure sports.
- At present, Viraat is at Mumbai’s Naval dockyard after its decommissioning in 2017.
- As per the Maharashtra government’s Rs 852-croreplan for Viraat, the ship’s conversion will be on public- private- partnership (PPP) basis.
- The world over, only seven aircraft carriers have been converted into museums, theme parks and luxury hotels.
· Shillong to host Indian Cherry Blossom Festival from Nov 14
- Shillong is set to host the second edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival between November 14 and 17.
- This is the world’s only autumn cherry blossom festival.
- This festival attracted more than one lakh visitors last year, boosting the local economy by 300 per cent.
- Jharsuguda Airport renamed as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- The Union Cabinet has approved renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- Veer Surendra Sai is a well-known freedom fighter of Odisha.
- Renaming of the Jharsuguda airport in his name will fulfill long-pending demand of the Odisha Government, which reflects the sentiments of the local public of the respective area.
- It will also be a befitting tribute to the contribution of the revered personality associated with the State.