- Uttarakhand plans a big Sita temple
- While the Supreme Court order has paved way for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya, plans are afoot to construct a massive temple of his wife Sita in Uttarakhand.
- CM Trivendra Singh Rawat announced that a Sita Circuit will be developed in Pauri district. The circuit will be developed around Phalswari village of the district where many people believe that Sita took ‘bhoo samadhi’ (according to mythology, she disappeared into the earth in this area).
- While making the announcement, the CM also urged each household in the district to contribute a stone and a fist-full of soil to make this temple along with a donation of Rs 11.
· Bangladesh partners with China to build Purbachal
- Bangladeshhas partnered with Chinato build its first smart city and the biggest planned township on the outskirts of Dhaka. The project also includes a mega water project which upon completion, will divert water from the Meghna river to the settlement. The township is signed under Bangladesh’s Public-Private Partnership (PPP) initiative. It is the first PPP project in the water sector in Bangladesh.
- In the northeastern suburbs of Dhaka, a 6,150-acre town will be developed as the first smart city in Bangladesh. The biggest planned township in Bangladesh will be named Purbachal. A Chinese company will play a leading role in building a smart city in Bangladesh. Many mega infrastructures, including an international exhibition center, is to be constructed under the construction of another Chinese firm.
- Chinese United Water Corporation and Delcot Water Limited jointly won the deal to implement the project Development of Water Distribution and Supply Facilities at Purbachal New Town via Public-Private Partnership.
- China has already implemented a $10 billion worth infrastructure project in Bangladesh. The major projects between the two countries are the Chinese Economic and Industrial Zone, the 8th China Bangladesh Friendship Bridge, the Payra Power Plant, and the International Exhibition Center. In 2019, Bangladesh set up a $400 million joint venture (JV) with a Chinese company in order to build renewable energy projects to provide a total of 500 megawatts of power by 2023.
· NASA detected a massive thermonuclear explosion from outer space
- NASAdetected a massive thermonuclear explosion coming from outer space. It was caused by a massive thermonuclear flash on the surface of a The huge explosion in the space released as much energy in 20 seconds as the Sun does in nearly ten days. It was detected by NASA’s Neutron Star Interior Composition Explorer (NICER) telescope on the International Space Station (ISS).
- NICER figured the X-ray burst came from an object named J1808. NASA reported that this explosion is the brightest seen by NICER so far. The observations by the NICER revealed many phenomena that have never been seen together in a single burst. The details captured by NICER on this record-setting and massive eruption will help astronomers to understand and study the physical processes driving the thermonuclear flare-ups of it and other bursting pulsars.
· India International Trade Fair to begin on 14 November
ð The India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2019 is to begin in New Delhi on 14 November 2019. The 14-day fair is the 39th edition of IITF. The fair will be inaugurated by the Union Minister of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Nitin Gadkari.
ð The multi-product exhibition aims to offer an equal opportunity for large corporations, MSMEs, non-government agencies, artisans, self-help groups (SHGs). It ensures to promote their products and services to a very large sample of potential customers.
· Ministry of AYUSH is to organize the International Conference on Yoga
- Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa, and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) is to organize theInternational Conference on Yoga on 15-16 November 2019 at Mysuru, Karnataka. The conference will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri B.S. Yediyurappa.
- Events such as Yoga walk, CME programme, a mass Yoga demonstration, etc. will be held to project the health benefits of Yoga and a healthy lifestyle.
- The conference will have technical sessions onYoga for heart care, the role of Yoga in preventive cardiology, emerging trends and researches, the Role of Yoga in the management of Hypertension, and Yoga for coronary artery disease will be delivered.
- Piped-water scheme to be Aadhaar-linked
- The government will link the Aadhaar number of the head of the household for each functional tap water connection under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- According to an official document of the Jal Shakti ministry, which is implementing the ambitious programme of providing tap water connection to every household (‘har ghar nal se jal’) in less than five years, the Aadhaar link will be done for “targeted delivery and monitoring of specific outcomes”.
- All assets created under the mission will be geo-tagged for better monitoring. The government has approved Rs 3.6 lakh crore for this massive scheme. While the Centre and majority of states will have 50:50 sharing of costs, this will be 90:10 for Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and north-eastern states and in the case of UTs, the Centre will bear the entire cost.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes