- State to get 800 to 900 m units power from Punjab
- Uttarakhand will receive between 802 million units and 900 million units of electricity in December to March from Punjab, to offset the gap between demand and supply in the lean winter months.
- In the winter months the water discharge in the rivers decreases which in turn affects production of electricity, for this reason Uttarakhand has to rely on other sources for procuring power through power banking.
- In the summer months, Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL) had provided around 806 million units of electricity to Punjab which, it will now return to Uttarakhand.
- In the last four years, Haryana was the main source of power supply for Uttarakhand in the winter months, but this year the state went into an agreement with Punjab.
- India’s nominee Dalveer Bhandari re-elected to ICJ
- India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected to the fifth and the last seat of the world court after Britain withdrew its candidate from the election.
- Bhandari received 183-193 votes in the General Assembly and secured all the 15 votes in the Security Council after separate and simultaneous elections were held at the UN headquarters in New York.
· Donald Trump and Putin Agree to Support UN in Syrian Peace Process
- USA President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin have agreed to support the U.N. effort to “peacefully resolve”the nearly seven-year-long Syrian civil war.
- They also discussed ways to implement a lasting peace in Ukraine,” where pro-Russian separatists have been fighting troops loyal to Kyiv and how to keep international pressure on North Korea to end its nuclear weapon and missile development programs.
- Modi govt 3rd most trusted in the world
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has ranked third in World Economic Forum’s list of most trusted governments.
- The report reveals that almost three quarters (74 percent) of Indians say they have confidence in their national government.
- The list is topped by Switzerland, followed by Indonesia, while India grabs the third spot.
- India Signs Loan Agreement with World Bank for USD 100 Million
- A Guarantee Agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” was signed with the World Bank.
- The project consists of two components viz. (i) Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks (estimated total project cost of USD 100 million, including USD 75 million in IBRD loan and USD 23 million in CTF Loan) and (ii) Technical Assistance (USD 2 million in CTF Grant).
- The objective of the project is to increase solar generation capacity through establishment of large-scale parks in the country.
- International Film Festival of India (IFFI) inaugurated in Goa
- The 48th edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI 2017) was inaugurated by Shah Rukh Khan on 20 November at the Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium in Bambolim, Goa.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with the Indian Film Personality of the Year Award at the event, while Canadian director Atom Egoyan will receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar among others, were present at the event.
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), founded in 1952, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Ch’ship begins in Guwahati
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship begins in Guwahati on 20 November.
- In AIBA women youth boxing championship being held in Guwahati , Indian pugilists will start their campaign on 21 November.
- Three young boxers will lock horn in the preliminaries.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated the event in presence of office bearers from AIBA and Boxing Federation of