- State project reports to help investors finalize projects in Uttarakhand
- To ensure that the proposed Uttarakhand Investors Summit 2018 — to be held in October — derives a positive feedback from business houses, the Trivendra Rawat government is preparing Investible Project reports to help investors finalize their plans during the meet itself.
- The investible project reports are being prepared keeping in mind various aspects such as weather condition, geographical location and availability of sale market.
- In the past, state bureaucrats have attended international and national meets, where it came to the fore that people wanted to invest in the state but did not want to get into many technicalities like preparing reports and repeated visits. With investors meet expected in October, the state authorities are unwilling to let the “golden investment” opportunity go wasted.
- The state would hold four small conclaves in different cities before the summit. Each mini conclave will focus on key areas like the one at Tehri would be on wellness and tourism, film shooting would be focus area at Nainital. Haridwar’s mini conclave would focus on Ayurveda and the one at US Nagar would focus on food processing and auto.
- The state government also intends to hold road shows in different cities of India, including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Hyderabad.
· US withdraws from United Nations Human Rights Council
- The United Stateswithdrew from the United Nations Human Rights Council, accusing it of a “chronic bias against Israel,” a move that activists warned would make advancing human rights globally even more difficult.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council consists of 47 member states,with a specific number of seats given to each region of the world.
- Members are elected by the U.N. General Assembly for three-yearterms and cannot serve more than two terms in a row.
· India, Russia to hold military exercise Indra 2018 during the second half this year
ð The tri-service joint Russia-India military exercise Indra-2018 will take place in an Indian military base in the second half of this year.
ð Russia has been a long-standing defence partner of India.
· Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos became the Richest Person in the World
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezoshas become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of USD 141.9 billion, as per the Forbes World’s Billionaires list.
- Bill Gates, the principal founder of Microsoft Corporation, is the second-richest man in the world with USD 92.9 billion.
- Warren Buffet ranked third place with a total of wealth of USD 82.2 billion.
· World is celebrating 4th International Yoga Day
- 4th International Yoga Day is celebrated across the world.
- On December 11, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21as International Day Yoga.
- 800 differently-abled persons from across the country attempted Guinness World Record in Ahmedabad for ‘Largest Silent Yoga Class’ on International Yoga Day 2018.
- The theme for Yoga Day 2018 is “Yoga for Peace.”
· India may not sign international pact on child abduction
- The government is unlikely to sign in near future an international treaty that makes inter-country abduction of children by parents a punishable offence.
- Signing the Hague convention on civil aspects of international child abduction would be against the interest of women who flee bad marriages.
- There has been a steady rise in parental abductions as more and more Indians go abroad to work or study. Children bear the brunt of parents’ marital disputes and are often forced to return to India by one of the quarrelling parents. In most cases, it is the mother who returns with the child.
- The ministry is setting up a panel headed by the chairperson of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR). Its members will include a representative of the embassy of the country from where the parent has fled with the child.
- Shillong gets selected as the 100th Smart City
- Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya has been selected as 100thSmart City after evaluating the proposal submitted by it.
- Till now, 99 smart cities had been selected in four rounds of competition and with today’s announcement, selection of 100 cities has been completed under the Smart Cities Mission.
- Previously, 20 cities were selected in January 2016, 13 cities in May 2016, 27 cities in September 2016, 30 cities in June 2017 and 9 cities in January 2018.
- With the selection of Shillong, the total proposed investment in the finally selected 100 cities under the Smart Cities Mission would be Rs.2,05,018 crores.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes