Cell for better coordination for facilitating employment
Uttarakhand govt to set up cell for better coordination for facilitating employment for returnees
Fifty-eight per cent of over 2.15 lakh people who returned to their homes in Uttarakhand during the Covid-19 epidemic are skilled and will be encouraged to seek employment under the state government’s Mukhyamantri Swarojgar Yojana (MSY)
skill mapping of returnees established that over 58 per cent of them are employed in private jobs, hospitality and allied sectors
PM Modi calls for ‘reformed multilateralism’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said it was important to “assess the UN’s role and relevance in today’s world” while making a strong pitch for a “reformed multilateralism”.
- Multilateralism needs to represent the reality of the contemporary world. Only reformed multilateralism with a reformed UN at its centre can meet the aspirations of humanity.
- The PM addressed the ECOSOC gathering virtually, along with UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
World’s first e-pilgrimage
- France’s Lourdes Roman Catholic shrine, organised its first ever e-pilgrimage following the coronavirus crisis, drawing a virtual audience of 80 million from around the world.
- Lourdes is usually thronged in summer with pilgrims who travel, sometimes across the world, to light a candle in the sanctuary where Catholics believe the Virgin Mary appeared.
Sowing area of Kharif crops 21.2 % more compared to last year
- kharif crops have been sown on 691.86 lakh ha area against 570.86 lakh ha area during the corresponding period of last year
- The sowing area coverage under Kharif crops is as follows: Farmers have sown
- Rice on 168.47 lakh ha against 142.06 lakh ha area last year i.e. increase in area coverage by 18.59%,
- Pulses on 81.66 lakh ha against 61.70 lakh ha area last year i.e. increase in area coverage by 32.35%,
- Coverage of Coarse Cereals reported on 115.60 lakh ha area against 103.00 lakh ha area last year i.e. increase in area coverage by 12.23%,
- Oilseeds 154.95 lakh ha area against 110.09 lakh ha area last year i.e. area coverage increased by 40.75 %,
- Sugarcane on 51.29 lakh ha area against 50.82 lakh ha area last year i.e. increase in area coverage by 0.92%
- Under Cotton, area coverage reported on 113.01 lakh ha area against 96.35 lakh ha area last year i.e. increase in area coverage by 17.28 % and
- In case of Jute & Mesta, on 6.88 lakh ha area against 6.84 lakh ha area last year e. increase in area coverage by 0.70% reported in the country.
PM SVANidhi Mobile App launched
- Mobile Application of PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) launched
- This App aims to provide user friendly digital interface for Lending Institutions (LIs) and their field functionaries for sourcing and processing loan applications of street vendors under the Scheme.
- PM SVANidhi Mobile App is a step towards boosting the use of digital technology and will enable field functionaries of LIs like Banking Correspondents (BCs) and Agents of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)/ Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs), who have proximity with the street vendors, to ensure maximum coverage of the Scheme. It is believed that launch of Mobile App will give impetus to the implementation strategy of the Scheme besides promoting paper-less digital accessing of micro-credit facilities by the Street Vendors.
NGT directs ban on petcoke and furnace oil
- The National Green Tribunal directed the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to ensure that States and Union Territories (UTs) ban the use of petcoke and furnace oil as fuels in industries and switch to cleaner alternatives.
- The Supreme Court has banned the use of petroleum coke or petcoke — solid-carbon, coal-like material which results from oil refining — and furnace oil in the National Capital Region (NCR) and suggested that similar steps be taken in other States.
Navy holds drill off Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- The Indian Navy is conducting a major exercise off the Andaman and Nicobar archipelago, in a clear display of strategic intent against China amid the ongoing military confrontation along the border in eastern Ladakh.
- The Indian naval manoeuvres come at a time when two American super aircraft carriers, USS Nimitz and USS Ronald Reagan, are conducting rare dual combat drills in the South China Sea, much to China’s chagrin.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes