- State moves closer to sea plane services
- The State Government has taken a concrete step towards facilitating the operation of sea planes on the Tehri dam reservoir.
- A tripartite agreement for establishment of a water-aerodrome on the Tehri reservoir was signed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Airports Authority of India and the State Government.
- Uttarakhand has become the first Indian state to enter an agreement for establishment of a water-aerodrome. Another agreement was also signed for communication, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management services for successful operation of air services at Nainisaini in Pithoragarh.
- The State government is developing Pithoragarh as a tourist destination with plans for setting up a tulip garden on 50 hectare area which will be the biggest tulip garden in India.
- This tripartite agreement is also important for the Government of India. It is for the first time that a State has signed an agreement for establishing a water aerodrome. She said that the CM and State government have been active in implementation of the Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) scheme. The central government bears full expense on airport development under UDAN.
- The Dehradun airport is also being developed further with the terminal capacity to be increased from 150 to 1,800.
- NASA’s PUNCH mission selected Indian Scientist Dipankar Banerjee as its co-investigator
- Dipankar Banerjee A solar physicist from Indian Institute of Astrophysics selected by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) for its PUNCH mission.
- He is also the co-Chair of India’s Science Working Group India planning to send up its own satellite Aditya-Ll, A mission to study the Sun’s corona.
- He will study the acceleration of the solar wind. He will focus on the polar regions of the Sun. The team will observe the Sun using joint observations from PUNCH and Indian mission Aditya.
- PUNCH is an acronym for “Polarimeter to Unify the Corona and Heliosphere“, image the Sun.
- The main objective of the mission is to understand the transition of particles from the Sun’s outer corona to solar wind that fills interplanetary space.
- Corona is the atmosphere of the Sun connecting with the interplanetary medium.
The mission is expected to be launched in 2022.
- The missions for Sun’s atmosphere: NASA’s Parker Solar Probe and ESA-NASA joint project, Solar Orbiter.
- Aparna Kumar becomes the first civil servant & IPS Officer to conquer the ‘Seven Summits’ challenge
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Aparna Kumar became the first civil servant to scale Mount Denali
- It is the highest peak in North America.She is the first civil servant and IPS officer to achieve this rare feat.
- This was her 7th summit challenge.She became the first woman IPS DIG and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officer to successfully complete the South Pole expedition.
- Asian Development Bank approved $350 Million Loan for Chhattisgarh Road Improvement Project
- Asian Development Bank(ADB)approved $350 million in loans to rehabilitate and upgrade two state highways.
- There are around 23 major district roads totaling about 850 kilometers in
- They improve the connectivity and access to basic services in the state.
- The overall total cost of the project is $521.69 million.
- The state government of Chhattisgarh to provide $171.69 million.
- Chhattisgarh is rich in natural resources.It is the largest producer of minerals like coal and iron ore.
- Govt extends Kisan Credit Card facility to fisheries, animal husbandry sector
- Government has extended the facility of Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to fisheries and animal husbandry farmers to help them meet their working capital needs.
- The KCC facility will help fisheries and animal husbandry farmers to meet their short term credit requirements of rearing of animals, poultry birds and other aquatic organisms and capture of fish.
- Under the Kisan Credit Card facility, for the existing KCC holders, the credit limit is three lakh rupees to meet their working capital requirements.
- Under KCC, interest subvention is available for animal husbandry and fisheries farmers at the rate of two per cent per annum.
- Odisha to host 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship
- Odisha Government is set to host the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack from 17 to 22 July.
- This championship will see participation from some of the best players from across the globe.
- The tournament has received a good entry with 14 associations, consisting India, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, England, Scotland, Wales, Jersey, Australia, Cyprus, South Africa, Nigeria, Pakistan.
- Uttar Pradesh State govt. has announced piped water for every rural home in the state within two years
- The Uttar Pradesh State governmenthas announced piped water for every rural home in the state within two years. The Yogi Adityanath-led government has already begun its work on the piped water programme.
- The State has planned to divide Jal Nigam’s work into urban and rural areas for better implementation. The works are carried out under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes