Uttarakhand CM lays foundation stones for 13 projects
CM Pushkar Singh Dhami laid the foundation stone of 13 projects at Jhabrera mandi parishad. The CM, while addressing a gathering, said under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi, state government has continuously been working for the welfare of farmers by introducing several schemes. Modi has taken revolutionary steps in doubling the income of the farm community, he said.
Dhami went on to add that schemes such as Kisan Credit Card and KisanSamman Nidhi helped farmers trapped in a spiral of debt.
Largest Rhino Transfer
Onboard a Boeing 747 charter flight, 30 white rhinos were recently transported from South Africa to Rwanda.
They were relocated due to the growing danger of illegal poaching. It was the world’s largest single white rhino transfer.
Ceratotheriumsimum is the scientific name for white rhinoceros, also known as square-lipped rhinoceros.
They are the world’s largest rhinoceros species.
They have a large mouth that they use to graze with. Among all rhino species, they are thought to be the most social.
One Nation-One Grid-One Frequency
As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, PowerGrid Corporation Limited commemorated the achievement of “One Nation One Grid.”
On this occasion, Free health check-ups and medical camps were organized across 70 locations.
India’s total multi-transmission capacity is currently around 1,12,250 MW. By 2022, it is expected to increase to around 1,18,740 MW.
By transferring power from resource-centric regions to load-centric regions, synchronization of all provincial grids will aid in the most efficient use of natural resources.
It will also result in the establishment of a thriving electricity market in India, which will facilitate power trading.
Microwave Absorber 5G
Subodh G, an assistant professor at Kerala University, and Vidhya Lalan, a research scholar, have created fifth-generation microwave absorbers.
The development of 5G microwave absorbers could be used as a shield against electromagnetic radiation.
Because of the worldwide quest for smarter and advanced electronic devices, the threat of electromagnetic pollution and radiation is unavoidable.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) has an impact on high-end devices and is harmful to live organisms’ health.
In this age of 5G technological advances of Things, the problems caused by EMI require immediate attention (IoT).
Energy Transition Advisory Committee
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas established the Energy Transition Advisory Committee. Tarun Kapoor, the former Secretary of the Petroleum Ministry, is in charge.
- It will concentrate on increasing the proportion of clean energy sources in the country’s energy mix, such as hydrogen, biofuel, nuclear, geothermal, and tidal.
- To assist India in meeting its 2070 net-zero emissions goal. Creating a road map for the energy transition (within 6 months).
- To develop a step-by-step plan for transitioning from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
- India announced its goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2070 during the Leaders Summit on Climate Change.
- To accomplish this, oil companies were told to develop plans aimed at increasing their clean energy portfolio.
- These plans will be reviewed by the committee. It will also make recommendations. In addition, the committee will make recommendations for the plans’ development.
Nineteenth Tranche of Electoral Bonds
On December 31, 2021, the central government approved the issuance of the 19th tranche of electoral bonds, down that route of assembly polls in five states.
- Electoral bonds will be available for purchase from January 1 to October 10, 2022.
- The bonds will be issued and encashed by the State Bank of India (SBI) through its 29 Authorized Branches.
- Five states, namely Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Goa, will hold assembly elections.
- Electoral Bonds are a type of financial instrument that can be used to donate to political parties.
- These bonds are available in denominations of 1000, 10000, 1 lakh, 10 lakh, and 1 crore rupees, with no upper limit.