Yilan Crater Discovered In China
Geologists have discovered a crater named “Yilan Crater,” the northwest of Yilan in Heilongjiang Province of China.
- Before 2020, one impact crater, “Xiuyan Crater,” was discovered in Liaoning province, despite China’s large area.
- Then, in 2021, the Yilan crater was discovered in the heavily forested Lesser Xing’an range. The residents knew it as “Quanshan” or “circular mountain ridge.”
- Characteristics of Yilan crater
- Yilan crater is slightly bigger than Xiuyan. It spans about 1.85 kilometers. Thus, it’s an enormous crater on Earth under 100,000 years old.
- Carbon dating sediments suggest that this crater was formed between 46,000 and 53,000 years ago.
Industry Connect 2022
The seminar on “Industry Connect 2022”: Industry and Academia Synergy were opened by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Chemicals & Fertilizers.
- The seminar on “Industry Connect 2022”: Industry and Academia Synergy were opened by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Chemicals & Fertilizers.
- The importance of innovation and technology for the country’s prosperity and increasing industry-academic ties are emphasized.
- The Prime Minister’s vision of Make in India and Make for the World would be aided by the Prime Minister’s innovative zeal and the mass production of high-quality products.
- There were two technical sessions held during the Seminar.
- This conference also included representatives from the CIPET, TDB (Technology Development Board), and numerous industrial organizations.
PFRDA To Launch Guaranteed Return Scheme
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is launching a guaranteed return scheme called Minimum Assured Return Scheme (MARS).
- This scheme will be launched to supply people from the salaried classes with an investment option.
- PFRDA has appointed EY Actuarial Services LLP as a consultant to design the proposed MARS under National Pension Scheme (NPS).
- It will be the first scheme from the pension regulator to supply a guaranteed return to investors.
- However, only the ground is about in the proposed scheme. A consultant is probably going to figure out the framework within some months.
JanaushadhiDiwas Week Celebrated In India
The JanaushadhiDiwas is organized from 1st to 7th March 2022 by the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- The 4th Jan AushadhiDiwas is celebrated on 7 March,
- By the end of March 2025, the Indian Government has set the target to extend the Pradhan MantriBhartiyaJanaushadhiKendras (PMBJKs) to 10,500.
- The 4th Jan AushadhiDiwas’s theme is “Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi.”
- The objective of this week is to lift awareness about the advantages of Jan AushadhiPariyojana and, therefore, the usages of generic medicines.
- In 2008, the Pradhan MantriBhartiyaJanaushadhiPariyojana (PMBJP) was launched by the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers to form quality generic medications available to all at affordable prices.
- This scheme also looked to boost awareness regarding generic medicine usage within the country.
International Monsoons Project Office Launched By GoI
On National Science Day 2022, the govt has launched an international Monsoons Project Office.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh had launched it, MoS (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Earth Sciences; PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, nuclear energy, and Space.
- Initially, the International Monsoons Project Office (IMPO) is based at the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) in Pune for five years.
- The IMPO was found to spotlight the importance of monsoons for the state’s economy.
- Under the World Climate Research Program leadership and the World Weather Research Program, IMPO would identify and foster connections and activities associated with international monsoon research.
- The United Nations World Meteorological Organization (WMO) coordinates the World Weather Research Program and Climate Research Programs.