Winter Session of Assembly could be held in Dehradun
The winter session of Uttarakhand Assembly which was earlier scheduled to be held at Bharadisain, Gairsain in Chamoli district could now be held in Dehradun.
Though the state government is yet to take a final decision on the place and date of the session the speaker Prem Chand Agarwal hinted on Friday that the session could be held on December 9 and 10 in Dehradun.
Talking to the media persons at the sidelines of a programme organised on occasion of Constitution Day at Prakash Pant auditorium in assembly building
It is worth mentioning here that Pushkar Singh Dhami government had earlier decided to hold the winter session in Gairsain on November 29 and 30 but later the decision was cancelled by the state. After this there was a possibility of holding session in Gairsain on December 8 and 9.
- International Anti-Corruption Day Is Commemorated On 9 December
International Anti-Corruption Day is observed yearly on 9 December.
- International Anti-Corruption Day is memorialized to raise public attention for anti-corruption.
- The day has been marked since the United Nations Convention Against Corruption on 31 October 2003.
- The 2021 International Anti-Corruption Day aims to emphasize the rights and responsibilities of everyone in tackling corruption.
- The International Anti-Corruption Day 2021 theme is “Your right, your role: say no to corruption”.
- LCRD Launched By NASA
NASA launched its new Laser Communications Relay Demonstration (LCRD) on 7 December from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- LCRD is NASA’s first-ever laser transmissions system, which will help NASA test optical communication in space.
- Most NASA spacecraft use radio frequency transmissions to send data but, Optical transmissions will help improve the bandwidth by 10 to 100 times corresponding to radiofrequency systems.
- LCRD will also show all of the advantages of using laser systems.
- In future lasers, communications can be executed on more missions to normalize sending and receiving data.
- India- ADB Signs Agreements For New Projects
he Indian government and Asia Development Bank have signed two loan agreements for Projects in Uttarakhand and Tamil Nadu.
- The loan arrangement of Rs 2,074 crore will be utilized for the reasonable housing project in Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand’s water sanitation program.
- The government and ADB inked a USD 150 million loan deal to supply entry to resilient, inclusive, and sustainable housing for the urban poor in Tamil Nadu.
- USD 125 million loan deal was signed to enhance access to safe & affordable drinking water supply and citywide inclusive sanitation assistance in Dehradun and Nainital of Uttarakhand.
- New data of Arms sales Released By SIPRI
New data on Arms Sales has been published by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- As per SIPRI, Under the lockdown measures, general economic downturn, and erratic supply chains due to the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, the arms industry is not highly impacted.
- In 2020, deals of weapons and military services by the 100 largest arms industry companies were at $531 billion and had increased by 1.3 per cent compared to 2019.
- 2020 marked the sixth straight year of growth in arms deals by the 100 most renowned arms industry companies because deals were 17 per cent higher than in 2015.
- The United States has the highest digit of firms featured among the top 100 in arms sales.
- The arms sales of 41 US companies accounted for $285 billion and increased by 1.9 percent compared with 2019.
- CDS General Bipin Rawat And 13 Others Die In Crash Of IAF Helicopter
General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Defence Staff, died in a helicopter crash close to Coonoor in Tamil Nadu.
- He was with the 14 people on board, his wife and staff members.
- Thirteen people died in the crash, including CDS Rawat, Madhulika Rawat and 11 others.
- An IAF Mi 17 V5 helicopter with a squad of 4 members bearing the CDS and 9 other passengers had a tragic accident.
- Wing Commander Prithvi Singh Chauhan was piloting the Mi-17V5.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes