CM seeks Rs 38.99 cr approval under PMKVY 2.0
Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat requested the Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Mahendra Nath Pandey to approve Rs 38.99 crore for Uttarakhand under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2.0.
Rawat informed Pandey that the Government of India had set a target of skilling 48,000 youth in Uttarakhand. A sum of Rs 74 crore was proposed to be provided for this purpose. The Government of India has released Rs 35 crore while the requirement for the remaining Rs 38.99 crore has been submitted to the Centre. He further informed that under the PMKVY 2.0 short term vocational training programmes of 300 to 900 hours in 62 job roles are being conducted for unemployed youth. So far, 23,615 youth have been trained under this scheme.
Out of these, 18,395 youth have also been certified. In addition to this, the Uttarakhand Skill Development Mission has set a target of training 35,000 youth in various sectors and job roles. Training programmes have been started for this purpose.
● India provided USD 500 million Line of Credit to Bangladesh
India provided a $500 million Line of Credit (LoC) to Bangladesh on 5 December.
The funding is for defenCe-related procurement in Bangladesh.
RBI said that under the soft loan facility, financing of export of eligible goods and services from India would be allowed subject to the Foreign Trade Policy.
Under the agreement, out of the total credit by Exim Bank, the goods and services of the value of at least 75% of the contract price shall be supplied by the seller from India. The rest 25% of goods and services can be procured by the seller for the purpose of the eligible contract from outside India, including Bangladesh.
But the eligible goods and services supplied by the seller from India can be reduced from 75% to 65% based on the nature of the procurement and further reduction may be considered on a case-to-case basis.
● International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on 9 December
- International Anti-Corruption Dayis observed on 9 December. The day aims to raise awareness about corruption and the measures that can be taken to combat corruption.
The theme for the year 2019 is United Against Corruption. The theme was set by the UN to support the 2030 Agenda. UN conducts the #UnitedAgainstCorruption.
#UnitedAgainstCorruption: The campaign focuses on corruption as it is one of the biggest obstacles to achieve the SDG.
● Zozibini Tunzi was crowned as the 2019 Miss Universe
South Africa’s Zozibini Tunzi was crowned as the Miss Universe 2019. Zozibini and Miss Universe Puerto Rico Madison Anderson were the top two contestants for the 2019 Miss Universe title. Miss Universe Mexico Sofia Aragon won third place. Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray crowned Zozibini Tunzi, the winner of the title.
● Cabinet approved the creation of Bharat Bond Exchange Traded Fund
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved for the creation of the Bharat Bond Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). Under the approval, Bharat Bond will create an additional source of funding for Central Public Financial Institutions (CPFIs), Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs), and other government organizations. The announcement was made by the Union Minister of Finance Nirmala Sitharaman.
The move aimed to deepen the corporate bond market and reduce the cost of borrowing in India.
- Aberdeen in Andaman and Nicobar Islands adjudged best police station in Country
Aberdeen Police station in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands ranks first in the list of the best-performing police stations in the country while dealing with a property offence, a crime against women and weaker sections.
Home Ministry released the list of ten best-performing Police stations in the country.
Balasinor police station in Gujarat secured the second rank while and Ajk Burhanpur in Madhya Pradesh got the 3rd position.
The ranking of top ten Police Stations out of over 15 thousand 500 Police Stations in the country was done through data analysis, direct observation and public feedback.
● Ministry of Tourism identified 17 sites in 12 clusters in the country for development as Iconic Tourist Sites
The union government identified some world-class iconic tourist stations in India to attract foreign and domestic tourists.
The Budget Announcements of 2018-19, Ministry of Tourism identified 17 sites in 12 clusters in the country for development as Iconic Tourist Sites
The iconic sites are Taj Mahal & Fatehpur Sikri (Uttar Pradesh), Ajanta & Ellora (Maharashtra), Humayun’s Tomb, Red Fort & Qutub Minar (Delhi), Colva (Goa), Amer Fort (Rajasthan), Somnath & Dholavira (Gujarat), Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh), Hampi (Karnataka), Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu), Kaziranga (Assam), Kumarakom (Kerala) and Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar).