- Patanjali-Uttarakhand JV soon to check migration, create jobs
- A month after a meeting with Yoga guru Ramdev, chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat along with top bureaucrats met Acharya Balkrishna to discuss the modalities of an MoU for the mission “Sahyog,” under which Patanjali would help the state government in checking migration, providing employment, boosting tourism and helping the state economy. In the last 30 days, a team of state officials, led by additional chief secretary Om Prakash prepared plans in areas where the two sides could club hands for the welfare of the Himalayan state.
- As per the planning, while Patanjali would provide 1,200 metric ton silage to the government department, the animal husbandry would give 12,000 litre milk to the Haridwar-based firm. Similarly, the animal husbandry department would also provide cow urine in large quantity to the firm.
- The tourism department has proposed that the Patanjali can set up tourism centres and promote yoga in 12 villages, where infrastructure was being improved through ADB funds
- US Imposes Financial Sanctions on Venezuela
- The US slapped “strong” financial sanctions on the dictatorship in Venezuela, barring banks from any new deals with the government. US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order imposing “strong, new financial sanctions” on Venezuela.
- The president’s new action prohibits dealings in new debt and equity issued by the government of Venezuela and its state oil company.
- It also prohibits dealings in certain existing bonds owned by the Venezuelan public sector, as well as dividend payments to the government of Venezuela,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement after Trump signed the executive order.
- Dipak Misra Sworn in as Chief Justice of India
- Justice Dipak Misra was sworn in as the 45th Chief Justice of India.
- At a brief ceremony in the Darbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhawan, President Ramnath Kovind administered the oath of office to Mr. Misra.
- He assumes office following the retirement of Justice J.S. Khehar.
- He will have a tenure of about 14 months until October 2, 2018.
- Born in 1953, 63-year-old Misra joined the bar in 1977 and began his judicial career at the Orissa high court as an additional judge in 1996.
- Misra also headed the bench that upheld the death sentence awarded in the Nirbhaya gang rape case.
- He has also played an active role in the crackdown on child pornography websites.
GK bit– CJI
- Article 124 of the Constitution of India provides for the manner of appointing judges to the Supreme Court.
- Once appointed, the Chief Justice remains in s office until the age of 65 He can be removed only through a process of impeachment by Parliament.
- J. Kania was the first chief justice of India.
- Justice Chandrachud (88) was the country’s longest-serving Chief Justice, having served in that office between 1978 and 1985.
- Vice President to launch Sports Talent Portal on August 28
- Vice President of India Venkaiah Naiduwill officially launch the Sports Ministry’s much- awaited National Sports Talent Search Portal at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium here on August 28.
- The portal will provide a three step simple process for registration, profile creation and upload of achievements.
- It will be available in English and other regional languages so that it is easier for any boy or girl who is talented in a particular sport to upload his or her achievements from any part of the country.
- Jammu and Kashmir Government to Set Up First Eco-Park
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government decided to build anEco-Parkon over 34 acres of land reclaimed from encroachers in the state’s Rajouri district.
- The park is a first-of-its-kind project in the region.
- It will have a botanical garden, a cactus garden, a cafeteria and other amenities.
- Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed is the present CM of Jammu and Kashmir.
- NPCI Approves Spice Digital’s Operation Under Bharat Bill Payment System
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has given a nod to Spice Digital Ltd. for processing bill payments under the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) as a Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU).
- The BBPS through its centralised bill payment system will allow the users to use a single website or outlet to pay all their monthly or repetitive bills such as mobile phone and electricity.
- Spice Digital forayed into FinTech space three years ago. Today, SDL’s Spice Money is India’s leading India stack based FinTech Company.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes