- Helium hydride ion, Universes first molecule detected in space
- Helium hydride ion (HeH+), thefirst molecule that formed almost 14 billion years ago, was detected by NASA’s flying observatory SOFIA towards a planetary nebula.
It is the first type of molecule (first molecular bond) that formed in the universe after the Big Bang.
- At that time, ionised hydrogen and neutral helium atoms reacted to form HeH+.
Once the universe cooled down, hydrogen atoms started to interact with helium hydride, creating molecular hydrogen, which set the stage for star formation.
From that point on, stars created the other elements of the cosmos.
Despite its importance in the history of the early Universe, HeH+ has so far escaped detection in astrophysical nebulae — cloud of gas and dust in outer space.
- Saudi Arabia increased India’s Haj Quota to 2 lakh
- Saudi Arabia has issued a formal order increasing the Haj quota for India to two lakhsfrom one lakh seventy five-thousand.
In February this year, the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman at a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced that Indian Haj quota would be increased by 25 thousand to two lakhs.
This is the third hike in three consecutive years.
- The GST on Haj pilgrimage has been reduced from 18 per cent to 5 per centthis year, which will ensure that about Rs 113 crore will be saved by pilgrims during the 2019 Haj.
- Israel to name a new town in Golan after Trump
- Israel would name a new place in the Golan Heights after U.S. President Donald Trump.
- It will be named as an expression of gratitude for his recognition of its claim of sovereignty over the strategic plateau.
- Israel captured the Golan from Syria in a 1967 war and annexed it, in a move not recognized internationally.
- The United States broke with other world powers last month when Trump signed a decree recognizing Israeli sovereignty there.
- Reliance retail became 1st Indian retail company to cross Rs 1 lakh crore in annual revenues
- The retail venture of Reliance Industriesreported an income of Rs 1,30,556 crore for 2018-19, 89% more than the previous year’s Rs 69,198 crore, the company.
Notably, Reliance Retail is the only Indian retailer to be in the top 100 global retailers list and the 6th fastest growing retailer globally as per the Global powers of retailing 2019, Deloitte.
- Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Retail also became the first Indian retailer to cross more than 10,000 stores. It operates 10,415 retail stores in more than 6,600 cities and towns, covering an area of over 22 million sq ft, as on March 31.
For FY19, Reliance Retail added 81 new stores in the grocery consumption basket, taking the total count to 612 Reliance Fresh, SMART and Reliance Market stores as on March 31, 2019.
During the year, Reliance Retail opened 76 new Digital stores, 2,219 Jio stores. It operates more than 8,000 Digital and Jio stores as of March 31.
- Asian Athletics Championship concluded
- India bagged four medals, including a Gold, on the final day of the Asian Athletics Championships at Doha.
- India ended at the fourth spot in the medals tally with 3 Gold, 7 Silver and 7 Bronze.
- Bahrain topped the table with 11 Gold, 7 Silver and 4 Bronze.
- China was second with 10 Gold, 13 Silver and 7 Bronze.
- to include the regional language in the medicine labels
- TheMinistry of Health and Family Welfare recently recommended that government procurement agencies should take necessary steps in the tendering process to include the regional language, along with English in the medicine labels. The aim is to curb fake, sub-standard and expired drugs. Initially, the proposal will be implemented for Iron tablets and polio drops as they are the drugs most commonly administered to children at government centres.
- The government is to set up anadvisory and a sub-committee which may co-opt the representatives from the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and Indian Pharmaceutical Association for further deliberations on the overall issues related to labelling requirements of drugs.
- The Health Ministry said that if the rollout is successful and the feedback encouraging, then the proposal could be extended to other medicines. The government has taken the step to ensure that those seeking drugs under government schemes have access to all the requisite information about them. The decision to incorporate regional languages was taken as per the advisory of the Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB).
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes