According to the National Crime Records Bureau, between 2014 and 2016, 26,476 students committed suicide in India. Of them, 7,462 committed suicide due to failure in various examinations. According to the sociologist Emile Durkheim had famously hypothesised that suicides are a result of not just psychological or emotional factors but social factors as well. The reasons for increase in the suicide rate is due to:
- a) fear of failing in examinations.
- b) Constant flank from teachers.
- c) Bullying from peers.
- d) family pressure
- e) loss of sense of a decent future.
Way forward is to establish a committee and find a deep rooted cause of the problem rather than finding stop gap solution. There is a need of bringing change in the education system which is more concerned with the objective of creating employment opportunities, getting more marks. There is need of bringing new ideas of living and impregnate new meanings.UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes