Tribal areas are defined as an island of extreme poverty. About 85% of the tribal people are living below poverty line and 48% are still illiterate. The causes are as follows:
- Inadequate implementation of Constitutional safeguards.
- Denial of participation to tribals in development process
- Lack of accountability : Tribal administration is still elusive from any list in the 7th
- Lack of tribal leadership: Tribal Panchsheel ideology remain on papers.
- Land alienation and displacement without adequate safeguards.
- Exploitation in forestry and other economic activities
- Socio- Cultural factors( Think)
- Unfettered participation of tribals,
- Loopholes in various laws need to be plugged.
- Steps for effective enforcement of law.
- No intermediaries or middle men between tribals and the government.
- Extend the provisions of the Vi schedule of the © to all the V schedule areas as well as other tribal majority areas already identified within or outside the tribal sub plan.
- The funds for the proposed Vi she.areas should be earmarked separately and release directly by the Union Government.
Need of closer understanding of ethos; There is need of change in approach and attitude towards the tribals, Instead of working for them, we should work with them.UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes