Health indicators are quantifiable characteristics of a population which researchers use as supporting evidence for describing the health of a population. Central Government is limited to family welfare and disease control programs, the state governments are responsible for primary and secondary medical care with a limited role in specialty care.
Vital Health Indicators for India are:-
|Life expectancy at birth m/f (years, 2015)||67/70|
|Probability of dying under five (per 1 000 live births, 0)||not available|
|Probability of dying between 15 and 60 years m/f (per 1 000 population, 2015)||216/142|
|Total expenditure on health per capita (In $, 2014)||267|
|Total expenditure on health as % of GDP (2014)||4.7|
- Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) (per 100000 live births) for India is 167 in 2017 (Niti Ayog), while for Uttarakhand its 285.
- Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) (per 1000 live births) for India is 40 in 2013 (Niti Ayog).
- Under 5 Mortality Rate (U5MR)(per 1000 live births) for India is 29 in 2015 (Niti Ayog).
- Institutional Deliveries (as a % of total deliveries) for India is 78.9 , while for Uttarakhand Its 68.6
- Immunisation (% of Children Fully Immunised – Ages 12-23 months) for India is 62 , while for Uttarakhand Its 57.7
- Health Infrastructure of States for India is 1,53,655-Sub Centre, 25,308-PHCs and 5,396- CHCs , while for Uttarakhand Its 1,848-Sub Centre, 257-PHCs and 59- CHCs
Structure of the government healthcare service:
- Primary Care (in rural areas): 22,271 primary healthcare centers and 137,271 sub-centers.
- Secondary Care (healthcare centers in smaller towns and cities): 1,200 PSU (public sector units) hospitals, 4,400 district hospitals, and 2,935 community healthcare centers.
- Tertiary Care (hospitals): 117 medical colleges and hospitals.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes