According to the world bank report, agriculture irrigated land is 36% of the total agricultural land. Most of the un irrigated area lies in the poverty hit areas like vidharbha region, bundhelkhand, Telangana plateau etc. As a result of this there is complete dependency on Monsoon which itself is non reliable. Hence Government came up with a plan to increase irrigated land and launched Pradhana Mantri Krischi Sichai Yojana.
- To achieve convergence of investment in irrigation at the field level.
- To enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce sustainable water conservation practices.
- To attract greater Pvt Investment in Agriculture.
- To explore the feasibility of reusing treated municipal waste water for peri urban agriculture.
Features of Agriculture are as follows:
- Long Term Irrigation Fund has been instituted under PMKSY in NABARD for funding and fast tracking the implementation of incomplete major and medium irrigation projects.
- Water budgeting is done for all sectors namely, household, agriculture and industries.
- Investments will happen at farm level.
- PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating ongoing schemes viz. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP); Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP); and On Farm Water Management (OFWM) component of National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA).
- A National Executive Committee (NEC) is to be constituted under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog to oversee programme implementation.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes