With 140 countries abolishing the death penalty, the death penalty has become archaic in nature. The continuing of death penalty is not in accordance with the modern principles. The major reasons against the death penalty are:
- There are no empirical evidence which suggest that capital punishment act as a major deterrence. It is impossible to prove that person is beyond reform.
- Our judicial system is reformative in nature but capital punishment comes under the medieval mindset of retributive justice.
- The capital punishment is irreversible in nature and there is no chance for undoing the wrong judgement.
- 262 law commissions states that capital punishment should be revoked except in case related to terrorism and waging war against the state.
- Global trend is in favour of abolishing death penalty.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes