Constitution is a body or a document which consists of certain fundamental rules and principles that all persons in a country can agree upon as the basis of the way in which they want the country to be governed. Indian constitution was formulated to achieve a socialist, secular, democratic and a successful country. The timeline for the Indian Constitution:
- Formulated by Constituent assembly
- First sitting on 9th Dec, 1946 and reassembled as Constituent assembly for Independent India on 14th Aug, 1947
- Nehru in 1946, defined the aims of Constituent assembly. The resolution encapsulated the aspirations and values behind the constitution.
- The total strength of the CA was to be 389. 296 – British India and 93- Princely states.
- CA appointed a number of committees to deal with different task of constitution making. Out of these , eight were major and others were minor.
- Dr B R Ambedkar introduced the final draft of the constitution in the Assembly on Nov. 4,1948 . After third reading of the draft. B R Ambedkar passed a resolution for constitution to be adopted .
- The Const. as adopted on Nov,24,1949 contained a preamble ,395 articles and 8 schedule.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes