Horticulture is the branch of agriculture concerned with intensively cultured plants directly used by man for food , for medicinal purpose or for aesthetic gratification.Horticulture is the science and art involved in the cultivation, propagation, processing and marketing of ornamental plants, flowers, turf, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
The following are the benefits attached with the horticulture:
- The demand for horticulture products is on rise. This will ensure assured income for the farmers.
- Export value is high for the horticulture products as compared to others.
- Return on investment is high and profit margin is also high.
- The chances for value addition in the form of agro-processing industry is huge. Horticulture in itself has huge potential and can affect the downstream industries.
- Horticulture is mainly dominated by woman labour and hence empowering of horticulture will empower women.
GOI has taken several measures to provide platform for the growth of Horticulture. Mission for integrated development of Horticulture, National Horticulture mission, Project chaman and operation greens are some of these initiatives. Successful implementation will help in the growth of farmer’s income.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes