- 94 cr spent on Assembly sessions between 2014 &17
- The Congress and BJP governments in Uttarakhand have spent Rs 1.94 crore for holding Assembly sessions in Gairsain between 2014 and 2017.
- In 2014, when the session was first hosted by the Congress government in Gairsain for three days, a total expenditure of Rs 57.09 lakh was incurred, then in 2015 the session was held for two days and a total of Rs 2.77 lakh were incurred as expenditure. In 2016, again under the Congress government rule, a total of Rs 36.29 lakh was spent for hosting the session for two days.
- However, when the BJP government came to power last year, again the session was held for two days and a total expenditure of Rs 98.69 lakh was incurred.
- While most of the expenditure was incurred on making temporary arrangements for holding the session, the work on the Assembly building remains incomplete.
· Washington Becomes First State to Enact Its Own Net Neutrality Rules
- Washington became the first state to pass a new law — House Bill 2282— that restores and protects certain net neutrality rules, after the Federal Communications Commission voted 3-2 in favor of repealing net neutrality nationwide late last year.
- Washington state’s new rules were signed into law by Governor Jay Inslee, and prevent internet service providers from blocking and slowing down content online.
- This will become nationwide law itself by April 23, 2018.
· International Womens Day 2018 Theme
- Every year, March 8is celebrated as International Women’s Day.
- 2018 Theme is: “Press for Progress“
- 2018 UN Theme of “International Women’s Day” is: – “Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives“
- Celebrated since:- 1913
- This day was recognised by the United Nations in:- 1975
- Centre sanctions Rs 1,000 crore for research and innovation
- The Union Government has announced a grant of Rs 1,000 crore for the second phase of the Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India programme.
- Under the IMPRINT-II, a fund is being created by the Department of Science and Technology and Ministry of Human Resource Development together, in which participation will come from industry and other interested Ministries.
- Under the IMPRINT-I Programme, 142 projects at a cost of Rs. 318.71 crore are already under implementation.
- Cabinet approves MoU between UPSC and Public Service Commission of Mauritius
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and Public Service Commission of Mauritius.
- The MoU will strengthen the existing relationship between UPSC and Public Service Commission of Mauritius.
- It will facilitate sharing of experience and expertise of both the parties in the area of recruitment.
- The MoU will develop institutionalized linkage between the Public Service Commissions of two countries.
- RK Singh launches National E-Mobility Programme
- Shri R K Singh, Union Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy, launched the National E-Mobility Programme.
- The Programme aims to provide an impetus to the entire e-mobility ecosystem including vehicle manufacturers, charging infrastructure companies, fleet operators, service providers, etc.
- The Programme will be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) which will aggregate demand by procuring electric vehicles in bulk to get economies of scale.
- Biplab Deb to be the new Tripura Chief Minister
- Tripura BJP president and newly-elected MLA Biplab Kumar Deb was unanimously elected leader of the BJP legislature party in the state, Union minister Nitin Gadkari announced.
- Deb, whose name was proposed by party MLA Sudip Roy Burman in the meeting, will be the new chief minister of Tripura, Gadkari said.
- BJP MLA Jishnu Debbarma will be the deputy chief minister.
- Deb will stake claim to form government in the state before Governor Tathagata Roy.
· Architect BV Doshi becomes first Indian to win 2018 Pritzker Prize
- Indian architect, urban planner, and educator Balkrishna Vithaldas (BV) Doshi has won the 2018 Pritzker Prize for ‘deeply personal, responsive, and meaningful’ architecture.
- Born in Pune in 1927, Doshi is the oldest ever recipient of the prize, which is regarded as the highest accolade in international architecture and is worth $100,000 (£72,000). He is also the first winner from India.
· NHAI launches new mobile app named Sukhad Yatra App to empower highway users
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways headed by Nitin Gadkarihas launched a new mobile app called ‘Sukhad Yatra‘ which is aimed to empower frequent highway users.
- Sukhad yatra mobile application has been developed by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and offers a number of convenient features including real-time data waiting-time at toll-plazas.
- op-featuresof Sukhad Yatra Mobile App launched by Ministry of Road Transport and NHAI:
Complain about FastTag facility/Lane
Complain against Toll Plaza management
Potholes and other maintenance issues
Safety hazard during road construction along highways across India
Poor workman ship of construction
Online recharge FastTag cards
· Ministry to introduce new biofuel policy soon: Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Minister of Petroleum & Natural GasDharmendra Pradhan ministry will soon introduce a new biofuel policy 2018 and cabinet will give nod for its implementation.
- Inaugurating a two-day bilateral conference on advanced biofuels jointly organized by European Union and India in New Delhi today, he said, in the policy-making, generation of 2G ethanol from non-sugar resource will be the key factor.
- The government is committed towards green energy and has stressed on Govardhan Yojna, for generation of Bio-CNG, in this year’s budget.
- The country will witness a new economy of waste to wealth worth one lakh crore in coming years.
- He will give incentives to the companies which are converting agri-waste into energy in the NCR- Region.
- The conference aims at facilitating the deployment of advanced renewable fuels in the European Union and India and providing a common platform to technology developers, industry representatives and investors in value chains producing low carbon fuels for the decarbonization of transport in European countries and India.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes