- Uttarakhand schools protest education minister’s directive
- Uttarakhand schools have resented education minister Arvind Pandey’s directive to paste details of teachers including their photos and mobile numbers on school notice boards. In a meeting attended by heads of 38 schools who are part of the Principals Progressive Schools’ Association (PPSA), many schools said that female unmarried teachers in particular are not comfortable with their photos and mobile numbers being put up on display as it may lead to their harassment by miscreants.
· Two US Lawmakers Introduce Legislation in House of Rep. to Support India’s Permanent Membership to UNSC
- In the United States, two influential Democratic lawmakers have introduced a legislation in the House of Representative to support India’s permanent membership to the UN Security Council.
- It is Introduced by Congressman Ami Bera and Congressman Frank Pallone, the resolution would put the House officially on record in support of India’s bid. Ami Bera, Vice Ranking Member on the House Foreign Affairs Committee and longest serving Indian-American in Congress stated that securing a permanent spot for India on the UN Security Council would strengthen democracy around the world.
- India International Science Festival 2017
- The Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Earth Sciences, and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) have come together to organize The India International Science Festival (IISF) every year, since 2015 to encourage scientific temper among the masses and showcasing Indian contribution in the field of S&T over the years.
- The previous two editions of IISF held at New Delhi have been a great success.
- The 3rd edition of IISF 2017 will be held in Chennai during 13-16 October, 2017 at various venues.
- Emphasizing the role of technologies and innovation, India has declared 2010-20 as the ‘Decade of Innovation’.
- ADB to increase annual lending to India to $4 billion
- The Asian Development Bank said it will increase its annual lending to India to a maximum of $4 billion between 2018 and 2022 to help fasten inclusive economic transformation towards upper middle income status.
- The new lending programme, which includes private sector operations, is much higher than the average $2.65 billion a year in loans extended during 2012 and 2016
- Srinagar and Raipur Airports awarded as Best Airports
- The Airports Authority of India’s Srinagar International Airport, Jammu & Kashmir and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh have been jointly conferred with the prestigious National Tourism Awards 2015-16.
- The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the award for Best Airport under ‘rest of India’ category at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on the occasion of World Tourism Day on 27th September, 2017.
· India Jumps to 14th Rank as Best Country for Expats HSBC Survey
- According to the HSBC survey, India placed at global rankings by 12 places to take the 14th spot in terms of best country for expatsto live and work.
- The list is part of HSBC’s latest ‘expat explorer survey’ that covered 27,587 expats from 159 countries and territories in March and April 2017.
- About 71 percent expats in India reported high levels of confidence in the local economy, while 58 percent exuded optimism on political stability.
· Maharashtra Government Signs MoU with South Korea
- The Maharashtra government signed a MoU with South Korea for increased co-operation in infrastructure projects like development of smart cities, roads, airports, and metros on the first day of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’ visit to that country.
- It helps with implementation strategy, legal systems, policies, technologies and information in infrastructure development. Fadnavis embarked on a three-day tour to South Korea and Singapore.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes