DST-CII India- Singapore Technology Summit
The 28th edition of the DST – CII Technology Summit was organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in New Delhi in collaboration with the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of the Government of India.
- On the 23rd and 24th of February 2022, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in New Delhi, in collaboration with the Department of Science and Technology (DST), sponsored the 28th edition of the DST – CII Technology Summit.
- The Summit was held entirely online. Singapore is the Technology Summit’s Partner Country this year.
- Over a two-decade period, the Technological Summit has been critical in offering major chances to create and expand bilateral technology partnerships.
- Hon’ble Union Minister of State for Science and Technology, Government of India.
The International Zero Discrimination Day Is Celebrated
Every year on 1 March, Zero Discrimination day is celebrated to practice equality, incorporation, and safeguard the people with equal law and policies without any discrimination.
- Every year on 1 March, Zero Discrimination Day is observed.
- The day’s goal is to ensure that all people have the right to equality, inclusion, and protection in their laws and policies to live an entire and dignified life regardless of obstacles.
- Zero Discrimination Day emphasizes how people may learn about and support inclusion, compassion, peace, and, most importantly, a change movement.
- Zero Discrimination Day assists in forming a global solidarity movement to abolish all forms of discrimination.
- The Theme for this year’s Zero Discrimination Day 2022 is “Remove laws that harm, create laws that empower.”
Dharma Guardian Exercise 2022
Dharma Guardian is the name of an Indo-Japan Joint Military Exercise that began in 2018. This exercise takes place between both countries’ armies.
- This exercise with Japan is critical and crucial within the security challenges that both nations face within the backdrop of the present global situation.
- This exercise covers platoon-level joint operations training in semi-urban and concrete environments and forests.
- Exercise Dharma Guardian 2022 will begin from 27 February to 10 March 2022 and be conducted at Foreign Training Node, Belagavi, Karnataka.
- Indian Army’s 15th Battalion, the MARATHA LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment, and Japan’s 30th Infantry Regiment of Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces participate during this year’s exercise.
Operation Ganga: Evacuation Plan By India
The Ministry of external affairs found 24×7 control centers to help evacuate Indian nationals from Ukraine.
- Indian nationals will be evacuated via Poland, Hungary, Romania, and Slovakia’s border crossing locations. ‘Operation Ganga,’ a multi-pronged evacuation effort, was also initiated by India.
- ‘OpGanga,’ a fanatical Twitter handle, has been launched by Ministry.
- As Russia’s onslaught against Ukraine increased, India evacuated stranded nationals on February 26 under Operation Ganga.
- After Ukrainian airspace was closed to civil aircraft operations on February 24, an evacuation effort began.
- The Indian government has managed to fly three special Air India planes to bring stranded individuals home.
- During the current emergency, the Indian government recognizes the importance of evacuation.
First E-Waste Eco-Park In Delhi
The Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, announced that Delhi would get India’s first e-waste eco-park.
- First, electronic-waste eco-friendly parks are established in Delhi to handle the increasing e-waste. Dismantling, Re-cycling, Re-furbishing, and re-manufacturing of the waste will be done securely and scientifically.
- It’ll be built on 20 acres of land.
- The e-waste eco-part will comprise an authorized refurbishing market as a secondary product sale marketplace for batteries, electronic goods, laptops, chargers, mobiles, and PCs.
- Across the 12 zones, collection centers will be established to channel e-waste.
- The e-waste eco-park will provide the informal sector operators with infrastructure, training, and tools to groom them as formal recyclers.
- This facility will comprise dismantling, refurbishing, segregation, plastic recycling, material-wise storage, testing, and valuable extraction facilities, from computer circuit boards (PCBs) through high-end technologies.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes