- Winter session begins at Gairsain today
- The Uttarakhand Government will table supplementary budget and several important Bills during the winter sessions of the state Assembly, which will begin tomorrow at Gairsain (Bhararisain) in Chamoli district.
- The Uttarakhand Assembly session will last till December 13. The supplementary Budget is likely to be tabled on the opening day of the session tomorrow.
- Sources said that two resolutions and eight Bills were likely to be tabled during the session. Most importantly, the government is likely to table the Lokayukta Bill.
- ‘MeToo’ movement named Time magazine’s Person of the Year’
- The ‘Silence Breakers’ who started the #MeToo movement have been named Time ‘Person of the Year’.
- Last year’s winner, President Trump, and China’s President Xi Jinping came in second and third place.
- Time Editor-in-Chief Edward Felsenthal called the movement ‘the fastest moving social change we’ve seen in decades’.
· United States officially recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- The United States of Americarecognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
- It’s a move that upends decades of U.S. policy, was the announcement made by the U.S President Donald Trump which invited lots of criticism but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu termed this as ‘historic day’ for Israel.
- The Israeli leader says his country “will continue to work with the president and his team to make that dream of peace come true.
- Donald Trump is pledging to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, and Netanyahu is urging other countries to follow suit.
- The Members of Israel’s cabinet have praised the move as “destined” and “overdue.”
- Akshay Kumar to promote government’s flagship agri-schemes
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar will promote the government’s flagship agriculture schemes like soil health card and crop insurance.
- The Union Agriculture Ministry has roped in the actor for television advertisements to intensify the publicity of the agri-schemes.
- Besides soil health card scheme, the actor will promote Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana, Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana and others.
- Taj Mahal named second best UNESCO world heritage site
- The Taj Mahal, India’s iconic ivory-white marble mausoleum in Agra, is the second best UNESCO world heritage site in the world, according to a new survey.
- With over 8 million visitors per year, the monument built by mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, is rated after Cambodia’s Angkor Wat.
- Conducted by online travel portal TripAdvisor, the survey lists the UNESCO Cultural and Natural heritage sites best rated by travellers around the globe.
· Vice President Inaugurated 12th Annual Convention
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the 12th Annual convention of central information commission at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
- The Vice President stressed on maintaining transparency and accountability in public life. As per the Minister of State in PMO Dr. Jitender Singh, the government has filled all vacant posts in the commission.
- He accused the earlier government of being negligent on the matter.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Dr Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi.
- There are three auditoriums and an extensive library with a rich digital repository.
- He will also launch Dr Ambedkar International CentreFor Socio-Economic Transformation.
- The institution will show the way and further discussions on vital issues as well as encourage research, original thinking among the youth.
- The bill is all set to be introduced in the coming winter session of parliament.
· India Wins First-Ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship
- Indiawon the first-ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship. In the title clash played in Guwahati, India defeated Nepal, 3-0.
- In the boys’ singles competition Aryaman Tandon defeated Dipesh Dhami 21-9, 21-15 while Ashmita Chaliha defeated Rashila Maharjan 21-9, 21-6 in the Girls’ singles event.
- In Boys’ Doubles, the pair of Arintap Dasgupta and Krishna Prasad came back from a game behind to beat the duo of Dipesh Dhami and Nabin Shrestha 19-21, 21-14, 21-11.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes