- 1109 industrial units along Ganga creating maximum pollution of river.
- Responding to a query raised in the Lok Sabha the minister of state for water resources, river development & Ganga rejuvenation Sanjeev Balyan said that as per data collected by the Central Pollution Control Board(CPCB) for the year 2016-17, 1109 industrial units were found to be creating maximum pollution of the river.
- “Periodic inspection of these units is being conducted and suitable action taken against offenders under the Environment Preservation Act, 1986 and Water (Prevention and control of pollution) Act, 1974,” the minister said.
- Uttarakhand has been allotted a total amount of Rs 81.44 crore under the Namami Gange mission from 2014 till now.
- VENUS – Satellite launched by Israel to monitor climate change and vegetation.
- Two satellites are launched by Israel including one dedicated to monitoring the effects of climate change on vegetation were successfully launched into orbit.
- The Vegetation and Environment monitoring on a New Micro Satellite — or Venus — is a joint effort between France’s National Centre for Space Studies (CNES) and Israel’s space agency.
- They were launched from Korou, in French Guiana, at 10:56 PM (local time).
- Venus will photograph 110 specific sites across the world every two days for two-and-a-half years, charting the impact of climate change on ecosystems and agriculture as well as studying carbon stocks and plant evolution.
- Philippines bans private use of Firecrackers
- Philippines President RodrigoDuterte signed an executive order banning the private use of firecrackers in the country.
- Health authorities recorded 350 fireworks-related injuries as the country welcomed 2017.
- Solar power tariff falls by 80% in seven years
ð Solar power tariff in the country has fallen by 80% since 2010. The maximum tariff for solar power was seen in December 2010 when 150MW was sold at Rs 12.76 per unit under the Jawaharlal Nehru Solar Mission. Since then, the tariff has fallen steadily with the lowest tariff of Rs 2.44 per unit for 500MW in Rajasthan.
ð The solar power tariff has been falling only when the states or agencies go through the bid mode. Tamil Nadu which followed the power purchase agreement does not figure in the list of states that took advantage of falling solar power tariff until 2015.
ð Tamil Nadu signed several MoUs with solar power companies for Rs 7.01 per unit, states like Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh had firms quoting Rs 5.25 per unit.
- HeliTaxi Services From Bengaluru Airport to Electronic City Launched.
ð Hell Taxi a Private helicopter service provider and Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) have partnered to launch HeliTaxi services from Bengaluru Airport.
ð The helicopter service will initially be launched from Bengaluru Airport to Electronic City and gradually expanded to other parts of the city.
· Up to 450% mark-up on knee implants, govt may cap prices
- An analysis by the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) shows that importers, distributors and hospitals are earning hefty trade margins that can range from 67% to as high as 449%.
- After capping prices of cardiac stents, the NPPA report can see the government moving in a similar direction with regard to orthopedic knee implants, official sources said, underlining the Centre’s commitment to rationalize cost of medical care and make it more affordable and accessible.
- Though NPPA’s analysis of the price data for knee implants forms a strong basis for the government to bring them under price control, it is ultimately the health ministry which takes a call on placing the devices under NLEM. Thereafter, NPPA will be empowered to cap prices of knee implants.
- India’s first private missile production facility unveiled in Hyderabad.
- India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) plant inaugurated near Hyderabad.
It has been established a line with the ‘Make in India’ initiative and Government’s policy to encourage private sector participation in defense product.
It has invested in designing, developing and manufacturing of weapon systems including Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) systems and remote weapon.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes