- Mountain day event in Bageshwar get UN push
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has put up information regarding celebrations in villages of Kapkote block in Bageshwar on International Mountain Day on December 11 on its website, along with details of similar events in other countries.
The Central Himalayan Institute for Nature & Applied Research (CHINAR), an organization registered with FAO, has collaborated with the state tourism department to promote Liti and its surrounding villages in Bagehswar district on the occasion.
- The event has been endorsed by The Moutnain Partnership of FAO to improve the lives of people from the hills and protect their environment.
· Worlds First negative emissions plant starts operations in Iceland, turning carbon dioxide into stone
- The world’s first “negative emissions” plant that turns carbon dioxide into carbonate rocks has begun operations in Iceland.
- The EU-backed project at one of the world’s largest geothermal power plants in Hellisheidi, Iceland, will capture CO2from ambient air for permanent storage underground.
· HPCL becomes first Indian Oil Marketing Company to launch lubricants in Myanmar
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd) has become the first Oil Marketing Company (OMC) from India to mark its presence in the lubricant market in Myanmar.
- HPCL has chosen commercial hubs of Yangon and Mandalay
· Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair 2017 at Greater Noida
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani today inaugurated the 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gift Fair (IHGF) 2017 at India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida.
- The five-day extravaganza hosting a gathering of over 2,980 exhibitors will have buyers coming from around 100 countries including China, Australia, the US and the UK.
- The exhibition will end on October 15.
· Kolkata to host International Puppet festival from October 26
- Kolkata will host International Puppet festival for the first time and the six-day long festival will commence from October 26 to 31.
- West Bengal principal secretary Tourism and Home Affairs Atri Bhattacharyawill be inaugurating the festival.
- Artists from the UK, Germany, Peru, Portugal, Italy, Lithuania, Brazil, Singapore and India would be participating in the festival.
- The puppet festival is aimed at regenerating the emotions attached to puppetry and it will be held at
· India proposed to operate a Sri Lankan airport near the Hambantota seaport
- India plans to operate a Sri Lankan airport on the southern tip of the island, where China has invested heavily as part of its Belt and Road initiative.
- China runs the seaport with a 99-year leaseand was planning to expand its footprint in the area with the refinery, which would be Sri Lanka`s largest, and an investment zone of about 6,000 hectares (15,000 acres).
- India has offered to set up a joint venture with Sri Lanka to manage and expand facilities at the loss-making Mattala airport, which sits adjacent to the Hambantota seaport.
- India Sri Lanka Joint Military exercise Mitra Shakti 2017 begins
- The fifth India-Sri Lanka Joint Training Exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2017 started with a grand Opening Ceremony conducted at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- The exercise is based on Counter Terrorist Operations and an Infantry company from both the countries is participating in the same.
- The India – Sri Lanka joint training exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2017 in its fifth edition will send a strong signal to the world that both India and Sri Lanka understand the emerging threat of terrorism and stand shoulder to shoulder in countering this menace.
- DoP launches Sampoorna Bima Gram Yojana
- The Minister for Communications launched the Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and an initiative for expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance.
- All villages under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana will be brought under its ambit.
- Under Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana, at least one village (having a minimum of 100 households) will be identified in each of the revenue districts of the country, wherein endeavour will be made to cover all households of that identified village with a minimum of one RPLI (Rural Postal Life Insurance) policy each.
- Coverage of all households in the identified Sampoorna Bima Gram village is the primary objective of this scheme.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes