The Security Council has primary responsibility for the maintenance of International peace and security.
- The council has 15 members: 5 Permanent – US, UK, Russia, France and China and 10 members elected by the General Assembly for 2-year terms.
- While other organs of the UN can only make ―recommendation to member states, the Security Council has the power to make binding decisions on member states.
- All the members have one vote and permanent members have veto power.
- Decisions on procedural matters should have vote of at least 9 of the 15 members and decision on substantive matters require nine votes and the absence of negative vote by any of the 5 permanent members.
- The presidency of the Security Council rotates alphabetically each month.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes