. Recently, the NITI Aayog launched the State Energy and Climate Index (SECI). It is the first index that aims to track the efforts made by states and UTs in the climate and energy sector.
The parameters of the index have been devised keeping in mind India’s goals for climate change and clean energy transition.
The objectives of the index are as follows:
- Ranking the States based on their efforts towards improving energy access, energy consumption, energy efficiency, and safeguarding the environment.
- Helping drive the agenda of the affordable, accessible, efficient and clean energy transition at the State level,
- Encouraging healthy competition among the states on different dimensions of energy and climate.
The State Energy and Climate Index (SECI) ranks states and UTs on six parameters:
- Discoms’ (Power distribution companies) Performance,
- Access Affordability And Reliability Of Energy,
- Clean Energy Initiatives,
- Energy Efficiency,
- Environmental Sustainability,
- New Initiatives.
Categorization: Based on the outcome of SECI scores, states and union territories have been categorised into three groups — front runners, achievers, and aspirants.
- Gujarat, Kerala and Punjab have been adjudged as top three performer states in the NITI Aayog’s SECI.
- The top three performers among smaller states are Goa, Tripura and Manipur.
- States like Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand were placed at the bottom.
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes