Cooperative federalism, also known as marble-cake federalism, is a concept of federalism in which national, state, and local governments interact cooperatively and collectively to solve common problems. But having cooperative federalism is a difficulty in India. There are various challenges to cooperative federalism:
- Centralising provisions, which weigh heavily on spirit of cooperation. Eg art 3, 249, 352,356,312
- Rising culture of multi party system and coalition politics
- Increasing number of states and demands for more.
- Majority government at the centre are not better disposed towards centre.
- Increasing economic competition.
- Addressing issues of NE and J&K
- Inter state disputes on resources like water resources etc.
- Reaching consensus and taking on board the state parties become difficult for foreign policy formulations.
- Rapid growth in the revenues of centre as compared to states .
Above hurdles have to be overcame to achieve the features of cooperative federalism.
UKPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UKPCS Prelims and UKPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UKPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UKPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UKPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes